Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2001 12:01:45 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/video/world/2001/11/01/cl.gun.merchant.cnn.med.html[/url]

This is a streaming video.  The journalist attempts to investigate illegal gun sales in Pakistan.  Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel.  

It occurs to me that the RKBA is alive and well in Pak and yet they have no semblance of a democracy.  Kind of kills the "from my cold dead hands argument" doesn't it?  You can be a gun owner and live in a repressive, dictatorial regime.

I had to laugh when she said that gunowners aren't registered and licensed.  Ha!  They can't even feed their fucking people, let alone restrict gun ownership.  I wonder how surprised she would be to find out that American and Swiss doctors and lawyers own a hell of a lot of guns?  

I wonder what the "locally built" AKs are like as compared to that POS Chinese one the guy was holding up?

Also funny how she has no idea what she is talking about--"low powered" hunting rifles are legal--while the guy shows her a .308 bolt action that looks sort of like an AK.  She then goes on to shop for a "high powered" 9mm handgun and mentions how it is neither licensed nor traceable!!!!!  That damn Tokarev was older than her.  

Hilarious and depressing, all at the same time.

Link Posted: 11/1/2001 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#1]
There you go with logic again, Sheesh!  

She is definately trying to create the thought that lack of registration and lack of a tracing/permission system is a trait of 3rd world countries.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
CNN's Carol Lin shows how easy it is to buy an illegal high-powered weapon in Pakistan (November 1)
View Quote

Talk about a non-event... God... these gun grabbing liberal puke media types really go out of their way to make their anti-gun statement, don't they?

Wow... you can buy "high-powered" weapons in a third world country.  Hey, you dumb bitch, why don't you try and find a third world country you [b]can't[/b] buy a "high-powered" weapon in.  That would be news.
Link Posted: 11/1/2001 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top