Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2001 3:22:28 PM EDT
Anyone out there ever take one of these?  Or any ETs out there?

I took this exam this past April and was told by some of my friends at the post office that my score was good enough to get me an interview if not a job, but I have never got a follow up.  Some people have told me it takes forever to hear from them.

Anyone have any advice?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It has been my experience that the people most qualified don't always get a post office job.  It would help if you were handicapped/ex-military/ or a minority.

From what I have seen anyway.....

Sgtar15
[img]http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000017294/1000017294_1029200112626AM0.5225794.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:50:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I pretty much agree with what sgtar15 said, except I will add that that is true of most government jobs, not just the post office.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I fear you guys might be right, but I guess I was hoping to hear from someone who has had to play the waiting game with the post office.  

Every maintenance person (men and women) I've met has a love of guns, and the combination of a being a maintenance man and a postal worker makes for the biggest gun nuts of all, so I'm hoping we have a few in the audience here.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#4]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top