Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/30/2001 12:15:37 PM EDT
I don't think that PA has reciprocity with FL, so I don't think I'll be carrying there, but- what are the laws regarding carrying in the car?
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 1:53:47 PM EDT
Just got a fax from NRA-ILA that an agreement was signed between PA.,FLA., and KY. This was announced last Friday. Check the NRA web page
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 5:32:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/30/2001 5:26:55 PM EDT by Grundsau]
Diss, Problem in Pa. is that no one seems to want to go on the record to give proper guidelines for gun handling. I do know that in your vehicle a firearm must be unloaded unless you have a CCW, then a loaded handgun must be kept concealed. So w/out a CCW, a loaded mag must be removed from the gun and the chamber empty. If there is a new reciprocity agreement, I'd call the Pennsylvania State Police and maybe even the State Attorney General's office for clarification. Don't take any chances.
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:02:20 PM EDT
Without a CCW, not only must the gun be unloaded, but it must be in the trunk. If you have a truck, suv, hatchback, etc that either has no trunk or if the trunk is accessible from the inside of the car, the gun must be in a locked case, separate from the ammo. PA has recently passed a reciprocity agreement with FL and KY, but I'm not sure whether or not it takes effect immediately or sometime in the future. It would also be a good bet that most LE doesn't know about this yet. KY has always recognized PA permits tho (well, at least since I've had my permit) - not sure about FL. However, until this, PA did not recognize any other state's CCW, although they do allow a non-resident permit if you have a CCW from your home state. Brian
Link Posted: 10/30/2001 6:09:16 PM EDT
Brian, Do you have any links to that info. I've never heard about my guns having to be kept in a locked case in my SUV. Is this new? Thanks, Allen
Top Top