Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2001 9:57:03 AM EDT
My current company used to be great but now are getting very stingy and greedy and they service is not as good.

I'm looking for a depending hosting company that offers NT, SQL Server, and many installed server side components at a decent price.  Right now I'm paying about $50 a month for the above features with 500mb of storage 6GB of transfer, an online control panel, and email.  I'm also looking for a very low end package, like $10 a month, that has all the capabilities as above but doesn't need the SQL Server.

All the sites that do the ratings of web hosts are a joke, as they are paid to list companies higher.  My worst experiences have come from companies supposedly ranked in the top 10.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
i have some smaller size sites at [url]http://www.brinkster.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:56:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Try these guys:

[url]http://www.readyhosting.com/[/url]

I have a couple frieends who have been very happy with them and I've been thinking about moving a few sites their when my current provider contracts expire.

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#4]
check out [url]www.interland.com[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
check out [url]www.interland.com[/url]

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
View Quote

No thanks.  I was with them once before and cringe every time I hear their name.  I dropped them over 2 years ago and I'm still getting occassional charges on my credit card from them.  They were one of the worst companies I have delt with.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]www.liquidweb.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Try Jumpline.com
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#8]
My company (as in, I own it) will be putting up its hosting site live soon - www.superduperhosting.net. It is in dev now, in 1 week we should be colocated at a datacenter w/2 DS3's (at my day job).  You can go there now and set up an account for free to test it out.  We don't have email yet but we will.  Email me at the address on the site with any questions/comments.

Edited to add:
BTW enter "4111111111111111" as your credit card number, you don't have to enter a real card #.  Also the speed may not be extremely fast now since it is just hosted on DSL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top