Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 9:34:36 AM EDT
Why has the media and American people raised hundreds of millions of dollars for the victims of the terrorist attack in New York but not a dime for the families of the poorer service members killed in the barracks bombings and the USS Cole attack?

The average cop starts out at a salary equal to a senior non-commissioned officer. Not that the police don't deserve the money but doesn't the service member as well?

I'm not saying that the WTC families don't deserve help but what did this country do to those serving America overseas those not coming home to their families and kids every day. Those who died at the hands of these same killers alone in a far away land.

Not a dime. Nearly a tear.

It's sad that the media is so able to control the sheep of this country. Did you see airmen on street corners asking passing motorist to fill their boots with money? Did Hollywood put on a benefit? Did the Red Cross come though with five figure gifts to the widows? Did Lowes collect change for the orphans?

I heard that the police and fire department unions give a $175,000 death benefit. The military service make our servicemen pay for an optional $200,000 policy.  

Why does this country and media have so little regard for those working full time to protect our liberty in the military services and so much regard for those who put out fires and investigate criminal acts?
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Troll, let us never forget that our Armed Forces are composed of mere Members of the Armed Forces and therefore not worthy of worry -at least not until the country needs its' nuts hauled out of the fire.
In the Beirut and Saudi barracks bombings and the USS Cole incident NO-ONE-HAD-A-LOADED WEAPON.
Far better to sacrifice a few Armed Forces folks than to risk offending the *ucking 16th cousin of some Saudi Prince who is financially supporting Osama Bin.

Finally if anyone believes the families in New York are going to see more than small-change from those donations primarily going to the Red Cross and the United Way better think again.  The bullshit words of these bloodsuckers is "LONG TERM CARE."  Translated you fools who gave us money knowingly or unknowingly donated to the General Fund.  Further translated they mean we've got the money and we'll stall for six months or so and everyone will forget.
The "head" of the Red Cross listed spiritual counseling for vic's as an on-going expense.  

If anyone knows how the Red Cross pays for spiritual counseling please post the answer.  I Wonder if it's by the hour, by the prayer by the visit - just how does one pay ????????
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 10:45:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
that is the exact reason it will be a cold day in hel before i ever give money to either of those organizations. I would be willing to bet the families of those killed in the wtt will never see a dime of the miliions donated on their behalf.

To the red cross and UW ... Pony up the cash you collected you assholes!! [-!-]
View Quote

This is the problem. I put some stuff up on eBay for their auction for america. That has a better chance of getting through I thought.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 12:39:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe the head of the Red Cross said the money raised on behalf of the families of victims of the 9/11 attacks will not be targeted to those people. Instead, it will go into the general fund, and will be used for anything and everything. I couldn't believe my ears when she said that.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
..well, Dr Healey (the HMFIC of the American Red Cross) also has pay her own salary; $450,000.00/year!!!!! (per a radio interview on WABC Friday) I'm in the wrong line of work!

Semper Fi

Dave
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 3:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
It's my understanding that Dr. Healy is resigning in part because most of the money donated lately IS NOT going to the WTC victims. Her opponents want the money to go to that "General fund".
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
There are a few charities that are for our military ONLY, such as the USO, the Old Soldiers' Home, and a few others I can't remember. Every time we had one of those charity drives in the Army, that's where my $35 a month contribution went.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Dr. Healy was trying to ride the wave of sentiment to higher office!  

WAS THE RED CROSS MEANT TO PROVIDE IMMEDIATE LIFE SUSTAINING ASSISTANCE TO SURVIVORS OF TRAGEDIES ...OR WAS IT SUPPOSED TO BE SOME "LIFE INSURANCE" POLICY?!!

Don't let the door hit you in the butt, Dr. Healy!  

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard Catholic Charities has the best record of all charities when it comes to handing out donated money. Just a very small amount of money goes for administration.
Some group always calls me to donate money to the Sheriffs Association, I asked how much the sheriffs get, they told me they only have to give the sheriffs 20% of the money. I told them in a pigs ass.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:54:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's my understanding that Dr. Healy is resigning in part because most of the money donated lately IS NOT going to the WTC victims. Her opponents want the money to go to that "General fund".
View Quote

She was on "The Factor" immediately following that large pledge drive and she stated herself that the money will go into the general fund. This was perhaps 2 days after that big drive on TV. I don't know what's going on with her opponents, but she said that the money is going into the general fund to fund all of their activities. Perhaps she changed her position following the grilling O'Reilly put her through? In any case, AFAICT she had always planned to put that money into the general fund.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top