Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2001 9:15:44 AM EDT
Hey guys, pakrat here out of Houston.
My church congregation is sending four men to NY to help with efforts in reaching out to the rescuers and any difficulties they might be having with all the things they are having to see and deal with.

Who can they contact in order to have the greatest access to workers and rescue personnel?  Is there someone that you can point me to, who will know how to maximize their talents and efforts.  They would like to be to listen, talk and pray - if so desired, with those who would are needing some support and encouragement.

Any information that anyone of you guys can provide, would be greatly appreciated!  You can email me with any information or you can email our preacher, Bob Grigg at [email protected]

Thanks in advance!!

Pakrat - out!
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Yell them to try and get to St. Johns University, i am sure the Red Cross can direct them from there. Thank you very much for your support........
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Ronin,
 thanks.  I knew there was two more of you guys out there but couldn't remember ya'lls board names, no sleep prior to posting earlier! ;)
 We appreciate it.
 Be safe.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Pakrat...

They can go directly to the Red Cross at St. Johns University, Murray Street & West Side Hwy as Ronin45 has said.

But before your guys leave to come here should know all processing for Volunteer Assistance on the World Trade Center Disaster Relief Operation is taking place at the American Red Cross in Greater New York Brooklyn Chapter. If you would like to volunteer, please call the chapter in advance at 1-718-624-0213 or 1-877-746-4981 for more information.

So they could actually tell them exactly where to go when they arrive.

I have also emailed the same info to your preacher.  THANKS.

Palmer

Link Posted: 10/28/2001 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going to say the Red Cross at St. John's University. Beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I apprectiate it ya'll!
And I know Bob will too.  They are really looking forward to meeting and doing what they can up there!

Ya'll be safe!

Pakrat
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 9:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Palmer, you sound too well informed to be on the same job as I am........are you a boss??????

John, its nice to see youre back!!!  You need a coupla days off more than any of us!
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:30:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Hunduh, thanks for the concern. The way its been going i will be off this Saturday. Give me a call. Thanks again to all. Stay Safe. Semper Fi.....................JOHN
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 8:20:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey guys - I just wanted to try and offer a few words of encouragement.  Living in Indiana and far away from all of what's going on there, I've found that while I can't forget what happened in New York, it's easier for me to move on because I don't have to see every day the results of the actions taken against our country.  All of you have to see it every day.  Live through it.  Overcome it.  As corny as it may sound, I wanted to tell you guys to keep your chins up.  You have earned the respect and admiration of the nation and we still support you.

-Knockers
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Knockers, I think that I speak for all of us when I say that everyones kind words are very much appreciated.  I have never felt this good about being a cop as I have in the past coupla months.......Im still trying to get used to people saying hello to me and telling us what a good job we are doing.

Usually peoples feelings towards NYPD start with the F word.......

John, I should also be RDO this Saturday....let me know if you have a free hour, I need some advice on a 9mm setup for my AR, and I dont know much about 9mm AR's.  Like I said, I SHOULD be RDO on Fri and Sat, but last week  they took away all 3 RDO's.......

And Palmer.....Boss Fighter???? Now youre talkin MY language........I worked in Brooklyn North, then went to Transit District 33 in East NY......Now im in Queens North with the Queens Marines........I just cant seem to get on the same page with the rest of the guys, you are soooo right, there is WAY too much ass-kissin going on!!!

Link Posted: 10/31/2001 12:58:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Waverunner, I just emailed you.
Incase you see this first.
Wsmac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top