Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2001 10:18:53 AM EDT
I was thinking of making a few knives to sell  and I know I'm going to place a few of them for sale on ar15.com so I thought I'd ask you guy's a few questions to find out what type of blade I should use.

1.Do you like your blade(cutting edge.) Long or short.

2.Do you like knives with or with out handguard/or do to like ones with thumb rest better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I like my knives with the optional M16 shorty attatched behind the lug mount
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
tayous1 - I am in the market for a nice fixed blade and would be happy to take a look at what you come up with. I have been looking for something with a long cutting edge (6" to 7") and the thumb rest. Let me know when you get em done.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
tayous1 - I am in the market for a nice fixed blade and would be happy to take a look at what you come up with. I have been looking for something with a long cutting edge (6" to 7") and the thumb rest. Let me know when you get em done.
View Quote

E-mail me and I'll send you a few pix of some of the knives blades.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I've also been looking at fixed blades lately.  I'd enjoy seeing some of your work.  I've been considering a sub-hilt, like Cold Steel's Black Bear Classic, but maybe in a shorter blade length.

I'm very interested in knifemaking myself, but I don't have adequate shop space yet, much less the equipment and knowledge.  I read alot at bladeforums, and hope someday I can take on the challenge.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
btt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top