Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2001 5:04:48 AM EDT

Learn what Shindler's List failed to show -  private owners of firearms CAN stand up to tyranny.  This should be a powerful testimony to the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

[url]http://www.nbc.com/nbc/other_nbc_shows/uprising/[/url]

NBC is showing UPRISING next sunday.  

THEY DID WHAT THE NAZIS NEVER EXPECTED
THEY FOUGHT BACK

The heroic true stories of Jewish resistance fighters who battled the Nazis in the Warsaw Ghetto during World War II are dramatized for the first time in the compelling, four-hour miniseries "Uprising." Featuring a star-studded cast, the action-packed epic is drawn from accounts of survivors, and directed, produced and co-written by award-winning feature filmmaker Jon Avnet ("Red Corner," "Fried Green Tomatoes").

After Germany invades Poland in 1939, the Germans decree that 350,000 Warsaw Jews be forcibly moved into a cordoned area known as the Warsaw Ghetto. Watching their people forced into slave labor, led to the brink of starvation and even deported to death camps, a small group of courageous Jewish citizens band together to create a unified, armed resistance against their German oppressors. Against impossible odds, they hold off the German army longer than the entire country of Poland, determined to live with honor - and if need be, die with honor - while lighting the torch for resistance in the occupied territories.

This remarkable true story of triumph, tragedy and courage airs Sunday, November 4th and Monday, November 5th on NBC.

[img]http://www.nbc.com/nbc/other_nbc_shows/uprising/r4_c1_462x81.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:06:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Network TV? It's gonna get screwed up, I garun-tee!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:20:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope they will mention how Schindler and others were in the business of stockpiling weapons after Hitler confiscated them (after a national registration).  Then the jews in the ghetto used homemade bombs, molotov cocktails and whatever weapons they could find to hold of the German army for over a month.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Network TV? It's gonna get screwed up, I garun-tee!
View Quote

They'll spin it to show that it was ok then, but guns are bad now.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#5]
You all need to read Unintended Consequences.

Irwin Mann is bad ass.  
It's time to feed the hogs!
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You all need to read Unintended Consequences.

Irwin Mann is bad ass.  
View Quote

Agreed, Unintended Consequences had a large chapter on the Warsaw Ghetto uprising, very well written and gripping.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Hopefully the message will get out even if Hollyweird butchers it some.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:15:35 PM EDT
[#8]
It looks good. Well see how they spin it though.

BTW, The Unintended Consequences chapter on that was a great read(like the rest of the book). In fact after reading that book, I went out and bought my first gun(a 10/22)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top