Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/25/2001 11:14:02 PM EDT
I've been putting off getting my finances in order for a while. I'm thinking of going with the Vanguard Group. Any insights?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 11:17:19 PM EDT
I have an account at my local liquor store, they manage my funds quite nicely.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:07:09 AM EDT
I use Vanguard. I have no complaints. I can't really offer any advice though in our current market environment. Try checking Fabianlive.com for indepth fund management.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 2:17:29 AM EDT
Vanguard is great for their index funds. I use them for that reason, as well as Price, Kaufmann, Janus, RSIM, Fidelity, and a couple others I bought into a while back. I usually start by figuring out how I want to diversify, and then pick the best funds in the categories I selected keeping in mind things like manager tenure, turnover, fees, etc.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 3:12:18 AM EDT
Putnam
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 9:38:47 AM EDT
Vanguard index funds. Their expenses are the lowest. Their former director John Bogle wrote a book explaining the index investing theory and I though it was very persuasive. I also have some money in the Strong Growth fund; for an actively managed mutual fund, their expenses are relatively low, and the fund manager is quite good. Check the prospectus for the funds you are thinking about; the things I look for are low expenses and low turnover (high turnover often triggers capital gains).
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:56:40 PM EDT
I believe the core of ones investments should consist of index and tax-managed mutual funds. Vanguard does an excellent job in this area.
Top Top