Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2001 7:19:42 PM EDT
I know I am!  Anyone else seen the previews? It looks awesome.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I know I am going to see it!  I hope they do a good job with the history.  Ed Harris looks like he is going to do a good job.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
If they stick to the book (War of the Rats), they will do an awesome job.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:24:26 PM EDT
[#3]
As I recall from the trailer on the Web site, you can already see the Hollywood touch: the scope reticle is a cross-hair instead of the post-and-horizontal-bar that was typical of both German and Russian scopes. The real thing would tend to obscure the picture I suppose, so we'll cut 'em some slack.

In spite of that kind of stuff, it looks like it should be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:45:10 PM EDT
[#4]
There is actually a book "Enemy at the Gates" about the battle of Stalingrad.  It is a very good book with plenty of primary source material, interviews with both Russian and German troops and that kind of stuff.  A really good read.  It is not about snipers in love or anything of that sort.  Still want to see the movie, it looks good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to recommend the book, "War Of The Rats". It really gets you psyched up to try some long difficult shots.
I can't wait to see the movie. Now I want both a Mosin and a Mauser. [sniper]
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with Steve and SS109 - "War of the Rats" rocks, and it ain't about snipers in love.
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
It's gonna be great to watch a decent film
on shooting.
Can you imagine how awesome a film would be
on Carlos Hathcock with Speilberg directing?
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow! I almost forgot it started tonight! I am going to have to rush out an see it this weekend!
Link Posted: 3/2/2001 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#9]
HELL YES I am!!!

There is a whole group of people I know who are stoked about this movie!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:31:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Just saw the previews today. Looks really kick ass. Definitely have to see it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 7:00:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Sodie, the movie does not open until March 16th.  You will just have to settle with the online trailer and "war of the rats" until you can see it.

Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Great Book,  I hope the movies is as good.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Can't wait to see it. I've got a buddy who is a dead ringer for Ed Harris and we are going to see the movie as soon as it is released.

The funny part about this is my pal is an avid shooter who competes quite a bit. He is a former Marine whose son is now also a Marine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#14]
It looks like it is going to be good, can't wait to see it.  Sounds like I am going to have to check out that book.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top