Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2001 10:49:29 PM EDT
Foreign Policy: Toward A Paleolibertarian Agenda
by David F. Israel
Ari Fleischer: Les. Reporter: Ari, the New Yorker reports that only four months ago the U.S. government gave $40 million to the Taliban, and the Washington Times reports that since the Oslo Accords the U.S. has given $900 million to the PLO, which produces suicide bombers and thousands who cheered at the September 11th mass murder. And my question is, why does the President allow such federal government expenditures? Fleischer: Well, the President – if your question is about the Middle East, the President does believe it’s very important to work with the various sides in the Middle East to help bring about peace. Reporter [incredulous]: Nine-hundred-million dollars?
Fleischer: I don’t have the precise figure in front of me, Les. I can’t indicate that that’s an accurate number or not. But the President has said that it’s important to work with the parties to help bring them together, to create peace in the Middle East. – White House Press Briefing Oct. 1, 2001
Thus emerged a most astounding bombshell in an exchange between a White-House spokesman and a reporter which floated away unexamined in the rest of the media. This was no accident, since such facts are a devastating repudiation of the activist foreign policy agenda.
Before proceeding further, I’d first like to thank Gary North for reporting in these pages about the real reasons Evangelical Christians have for supporting the continued existence of the state of Israel. (Hint: it has nothing to do with a special love for, or affinity with, us Jews and of course we Jews have long known that.) Unfortunately, cynical and thoroughly self serving agendas are hardly endemic to just Evangelicals. The ghastly events that occurred in our nation on September 11, 2001 have inspired me to come forward to blow the whistle about more of the same, this time from some members of the establishment leadership of the American gentile and Jewish communities bent on using their influence in tandem with that of the U.S. military-industrial complex to perpetuate more warfare by both the U.S. and Israel, and hence inspire more terrorist reprisals against both nations.
------------------------------------------------
Full story at [url]http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig2/israel1.html[/url]
I would post all of it but I fear posting such a long article might be seen in bad taste.
rDAm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top