Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 8:34:22 PM EDT
I just sat down to watch the midnight news here on the east coast. OJ simpson found not guilty of assault relating to a "road rage" incident.

Even without the "dream team", he still manages to leave the courthouse unscathed.

Is he coated in teflon or something?!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#1]
He's the Juice baby!  No defensive line or prosecuting attorney can stop him!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Sadly the first OJ case is something that all Americans can be grateful for, even though it allowed a guilty murderer to go free. In that case the detectives sweetened the evidence to aid the prosecution. If this case had quietly passed into the history books American police would not have the benchmark standard of purity of evidence upheld. We need pure evidence to begin to approach justice, or a good case can be put on anybody. Since most Americans do not have the capital to fight the cops that OJ did we need this inner fear.The second case was an overblown fiasco based on a desire to right a wrong.Beware the unstoppable police department!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sadly the first OJ case is something that all Americans can be grateful for, even though it allowed a guilty murderer to go free. In that case the detectives sweetened the evidence to aid the prosecution. If this case had quietly passed into the history books American police would not have the benchmark standard of purity of evidence upheld. We need pure evidence to begin to approach justice, or a good case can be put on anybody. Since most Americans do not have the capital to fight the cops that OJ did we need this inner fear.The second case was an overblown fiasco based on a desire to right a wrong.Beware the unstoppable police department!
View Quote

I totally agree.  His constitutional rights were violated by the PD, and he was lucky enough to have the means to fight back.  Guilty or not he should not have been convicted.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I totally agree.  His constitutional rights were violated by the PD, and he was lucky enough to have the means to fight back.  Guilty or not he should not have been convicted.
View Quote

Shouldn't have been convicted??? Granted there was no murder weapon or any hard evidence, but he still was as guilty as sin.. We all know by now that he must have thrown away the evidence and covered himself.. But, those people WERE brutally murdered and that's why they tried their hardest to convict him; in my opinion it WAS justified..
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Violated his rights? PULEEEZE!!!!

The murdering bastard butchered two people in a fit of jealous rage. I'm a little more concerned with their rights... Now he roams the streets freely, assaulting motorists. His latest victim should consider himself luck that OJ didn't have a blade this time....

Rich
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
They didn't use a warrant when they found all of their evidence.  I don't want to live in a country where this is ok.  I know he murdered those people.  We need a national CCW that would solve this whole mess.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey [B]grimshaw[/B], it is nice to know there is somebody else in this world who appreciates the cynical/dark yet humorous concept of sarcasm. Keep it up!

As for BB's comment... Well, at least you have your looks baby.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey [B]grimshaw[/B], it is nice to know there is somebody else in this world who appreciates the cynical/dark yet humorous concept of sarcasm. Keep it up!

As for BB's comment... Well, at least you have your looks baby.
View Quote

Your lucky I am used to your sense of humor sweetie or I would be insulted by that comment..
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 7:57:52 PM EDT
[#9]
What is funny about this case is that the plantif had his sunglasses with OJ's fingerprints on the lenses AND that he had to fight to get that piece of evidence used...
And OJ STILL got off!!!!
OJ better be careful, one of these days somebody is going to put a hole in his head!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The first RB to break 2K yards in a season!

What's the life of that bimbo and that fruity dude compared to that?!?!?

Hell, what's a little road rage?  The other guy probably pissed off OJ!  Justification, baby!

[b]JUUUUUUUUICE![/b]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#11]
The racist cops planted an OJ fingerprint on that guy's glasses [whacko] to frame the Juice.

The racist cops planted OJ's murdered wife on his property in order to frame him [whacko].

OJ is just simply the victim of vast racist police conspiracies...[whacko]
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The racist cops planted OJ's murdered wife on his property in order to frame him [whacko].
View Quote

Huh?  I didn't realize that they found her body on his property.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 8:56:02 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know why you think I'm being sarcastic. I really believe OJ killed his ex-wife. No argument there. He should have gotten life. The police tried to speed it up by moving evidence. Thats clear! I really don't know Mark Fuhrmans actions were entirely race motivated.Whatever his motivations his actions are prosecutable and reprehensible. The evidence tampering of Fuhrman and Vanatter freed OJ. Not a race defense, or a multi-million dollar retainer.That was the finding of the jury. I applaud it! Cops that fabricate evidence should be charged!They should receive as a sentence what they would have pinned on someone else.In the case of OJ, Mark Fuhrman should sit life. I really believe there are a lot of cases of police tampering with evidence that are never challenged. I hold the police to a high standard. What standard should we hold them to?
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#14]
As for OJ Simpson I have a prophecy. His sin will find him out.He will not go to his grave in his sleep, but will have his life shaken out of him.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 12:59:49 AM EDT
[#15]
if there was evidence tampering then the defense would challenge it and the court would of thrown it.
exactly what evidence was thrown out?

yes fuhrman and vanatter made mistakes in handling evidence, but i dont believe there was any tampering.
these are seasoned homicide cops who have done this before many times, and they know that this case was going to be HUGE from the beginning and being that a celeb is involved they are not going to risk there careers by tampering evidence. they treated OJ better and gave more discretion to him than any other murder suspect.

they find his blood at the crime, shoe prints matching his shoes, bloody socks and gloves with the victims blood on it. all they had to do was bag it and tag it, how do you tamper this ?
make simple mistakes in processing? sure, but they arent dumb enough to try and frame a celeb.

many people blame the prosecution team, even vanatter, he claims they didnt use all the solid evidence.
others blame the idiot judge who should be removed for allowing a circus to happen in his court room.
but mostly OJ just hired the biggest attorneys in the biz who could confuse the jury, play the race card and put on an illusion of innocence.

but consider the jury, who had spent about a year away from its family being sequestered, who probably walked into the court day 1 not wanting to convict OJ, and fearing another LA riots should there be a conviction.

when the verdicts were read, one of the black jurors stood up and gave the black panther salute.
fair and impartial jury ? I THINK NOT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top