Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2001 7:11:38 PM EDT
Not Grannys P C is the word here at AR15.com P C
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually I was not trying to be deliberately offensive to "Grannies" and would have even emailed Hannah an explanation if her email was available. Hell I have a Granny for god sake.

The post was in referrence to anti wishing for a place where "even your Grandmother would not be offened." Grandmothers were NOT the intended target of my ridicule.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Actually I was not trying to be deliberately offensive to "Grannies" and would have even emailed Hannah an explanation if her email was available. Hell I have a Granny for god sake.

The post was in referrence to anti wishing for a place where "even your Grandmother would not be offened." Grandmothers were NOT the intended target of my ridicule.
View Quote
yes he should I find the word granny very very offensive Rember P C is the way of AR15.com
Gary
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Garry is there a point to this thread or are you just entertaining yourself taking shots at the web site and it's owners?
View Quote
web site no Im just tring to post P C things and reminding my fellow member that some people may find the word granny offensive!!! Ans as far as goat boy Heck no
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:45:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's not PC its actually more of "respect."

If you cant respect other's opinions, ideals, beliefs, or backgrounds, then you are not deserving of respect in turn.

I don't ask people to "like" each other here or to treat any person, myself included, as anything special. I simple ask you follow simple rules we all can easily do to avoid serious confrontation and trouble.

I just don't get why that's so difficult to grasp? I'm the first guy to break every damn rule on the board in RL, yet I find it easy to keep to them when I'm on this site...
View Quote
Ok well here is my ideas on this one We are a bunch of GUYS for the most part having a little fun, how about a 18 and over forum? or something on that idea. Garnted are always going to be a few that will make trouble; that is what happens when you get a group of people.
Now I am sory if I seemed disrespectful but I do think that some of the new rules are harsh to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's not PC its actually more of "respect."

View Quote

Actually Granny is short for GRANDmother. I title of much repect. And we even have GREAT GRANDmothers. When someone calls their Grandmother "Grandma" it is not to be offensive. Same is true for "Granny" and "Grannies."

These names, like any other, can certainly be used in a derogitory fashion. But by that token, so can Goatboy. But I don't think he meant anything by it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Had nothing to do with being called "Granny".
Had to do with the sniveling condescending tone of your post. But you know that. You knew it when you wrote it. Guess you didn't figure on there being a competent Granny in your target audience though. Maybe you should have used the word "gun-hating liberal" or "Democrat", would have made more sense, and not infuriated this gun totin Grandmom.
I will assume you meant nothing personal, and even apologize for drawing down on you that way.

And, btw, 48 is not a senior citizen, merely a Grandmom in my case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top