Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 8:36:57 PM EDT
Went out to the local range this past weekend to take down a few silhouettes that had been getting uppity.  I took along my buddy and his newly converted, daughter of a Canadian anti weenie girlfriend.  

Anyway, we were happily plugging away at the pig iron silhouettes with our .22lr when one shot from my ar-7 must have hit the railroad tie on which they were standing just perfectly.  The round ricocheted back towards me and hit the metal overhang right above my head.  Needless to say, we all stopped for a minute to ponder what had just happened :)

I have never, in all my years going there had this happen to me.  Has anyone else?  Is this straight-back ricochet common?  I always follow proper safety rules, and nobody was goofing off or anything.  

Pretty scary feeling when, before you realize it, it's already over.

Won't let it stop me from going back though ... we'll probably get drunk and laugh about it this weekend.

Take care, gang.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had a ricochet from a 30-30 on a steel silhouette at 25 yards come back and cut the guy's hand next to me... pretty scary, even though it was just a fragment, you could hear it zing by.  

Bad idea shooting a highpowered rifle at a steel silhouette at short range.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It happens. I remember watching an "Unsolved Mysteries" (Or some show like it) about a kid who was at the range with his father.
Next thing you know, he keels over dead with a bullet strike to the head.

Blah blah blah, long story, turns out, a round ricocheted from a rock lodged in a berm at the lane across the way (It was like 100 yards away from where the kid was sitting), and swatted the kid in the head. It was a 1 in a million deal, but I guess he just had bad luck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I had an experience kind of like yours shooting .38 into a 2x4 and some 4x4 wood peices. After about 20 or so rounds of cheapo reload lead rounds one came back and hit me in the left leg just above the knee. After a few seconds of thanking every god of every religion i could think of i walked down to the target area to find that the light loaded .38 lead rounds were stopping in the wood. later i concluded that a round that was lodged in the wood came back after being hit by another round. This may be what happened with your rail road tie.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a .45ACP FMJ bounce off a 30 degree grass covered hill,(must of hit a rock or hard spot) -- it came straight back 50 yards and hit the front bumper of my truck 3 feet to my right. - a friend put a can on top of a steel (T) fence post, missed the can, hut the post at 30 yards with a .22 LR and the bullet came back, put a hole in his cap, also removed a small chunk of skin and hair.  Makes a good argument for wearing shooting glasses don't it. -- Good Shootin -- ALLONS11
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]
This is why jacketed bullets are not allowed on most indoor ranges and eye protection is a must at all ranges...pat
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a fragment of a 9mm hollowpoint come back and cut the back of my wrist open once.  Scared me too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Had it happen with a pellet gun. Damn pellet hit me between the eyes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I had that happen with a 5mm Air rifle Damn thing came back just a howlin hit the house right behind me. Really makes you think somtimes.
Quoted:
Had it happen with a pellet gun. Damn pellet hit me between the eyes.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Friend of mine had a piece of bullet jacket ricochet back at an indoor range and go deep into his calf.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I figure I have a lifetime plink rate of (so far) about 1 round out of every 250,000 I have popped.  The usual result for me is a bit of a sting, and my real reaction is something along the lines of "cool..."

Ricochets can and do happen.  Since most of the power of the round is taken up in the bounce, generally no or minor injuries result (tho there are exceptions, as mentioned above...)

When thinking of odds and laws of physics as they pertain to the human machine, always remember the Soviet Aeronaut in the late 70's (or thereabouts, and I forget the man's name) wh ejected from his MiG at more than 20,000 feet MSL.  Apparently, the man's seat parachute AND personal reserve both failed.  This man went terminal, fell the whole damn way, and hit the ground.

By all reports he bounced twice and walked away.  No injuries.

There is also a case where a man had gone over Niagara Falls in a barrel.  Spent 9 months in hospital being put back together after that little stunt.  He left the hospital, got off grounds, and slipped on a banana peel.

He died hours later of "complications from the fall."

There is no telling what can happen to you from minute to minute.  

FFZ
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#11]
i shot a crome covered truck rim with a shotgun at 30 ft i got hit with a sh&t load of lead shot
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#12]
My friend and I were out shooting a couple of years ago, and he was shooting his 9mm EAA Witness. Like Rik he was shooting at an old car rim about 30 yards away. One of the FMJ rounds hit the rim, shed it's jacket, and part of the jacket came back and hit him in the cheek, right beneath his shooting glasses. Luckily I've never had something like this happen to me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:03:41 PM EDT
[#13]
A buddy of mine had a .45 ACP HP bounce  back off a wrecked truck bumper and hit him in the chest. It was flat and big as a quarter and hit him right in the ribs and   broke the skin.

We laughed about it but he looked a little pale.  I never shoot w/o glasses from now on.

crashburnrepeat
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I remember reading about one.Guy took a shot at the 200m target came back and sliced the end of his wifes nose off.this was at a NRA metalic silhouette match
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This is why jacketed bullets are not allowed on most indoor ranges
View Quote

Your kidding right?

Never heard that one before.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:54:29 PM EDT
[#16]
RipMeyer

is that an Security forces function badge under your name??
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
No flame meant but....[b]What the hell are you guys shooting at steel targets at close range for????[V][V][/b]  To me it's just common sense that this is just an accident waiting to happen.  Heck, most rifle rounds travel around 3000+ fps and pistols around 900fps what do you think will happen??  Of course the buulet will bounce back at you, especially if it's a shotgun at 30'!!  You wouldn't throw a baseball at a wall and not expect it to not bounce back...why would anyone do the same with a rifle??

The reality is that I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.  Shoot at wood targets or pumpkins or something...but not steel!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#18]
one of my buddies and i were plinkin with our 22s one day at cans and such, i think i hit something metal, ricocheted back and hit my buddy in the shoulder, broke the skin.  we thought it was funny once we realized it wasnt lodged in him

;)

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:12:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This is why jacketed bullets are not allowed on most indoor ranges and eye protection is a must at all ranges...pat
View Quote

Huh? All indoor ranges I know of *require* jacketed bullets, because of lead dust.

Anyway, if any of y'all shoot without glasses yer all maroons.  I have been hit a couple times from .22 ricorchets from shooting at steel poppers (actually I was watching), the lead .22 slugs just kinda splattered and some pieces would come back now and then, wheres more powerful rounds (9mm .45 etc JACKETED) would ricorchet downrange.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I have been nailed several times by ricocheting pellets and BBs. Fortunately never by a bullet. Of cousse, I never shoot at hard targets. I shoot tin cans, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, but never steel. If the round does not penetrate it can ricochet. This is why you wouldn't want to fire at something you will not blow right through. If you were talking about thin steel plates and .50BMGs then I might consider it since a .50BMG would probably rip right through a steel plate.

Seriously, I am more worried about flying brass than flying lead. I have been hit quite a few times by hot shell casings from everything from a .22LR to a 30-06. I have been hit by a few .22LRs, a bunch of 9mms and .45s, some .223s and 7.62mms, and a few 30-06s.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:22:03 PM EDT
[#22]
ROTFLMFAO! I'm in friggin tears! That one about the Dude's old ladies nose broought tears to my eyes. I know it's serious shit but man, can't help myself. You guys are a riot! Thanks for the laugh! I needed it!
[beer]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Had a 250gr muzzle loader bullet richochet off a cement carvert that was about 5 ft behind the target. It came out 2inches below where it went in a both holes looked about the same in diameter. We were shooting down hill so it didn't come close to us. Also had a 223 come back and smack my shin after I shot a solid cider block from about 15 yards. It was out of my POS mini 14 I had. I can't beleive I hit it. But I shoot into rocky backgrounds alot and thats all thats happened. While you should avoid it when possible freak accidents happen no matter what your doing. Like the poor bastard that hang himself putting up a basketball net.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#24]
To add to McCarrots's story, the guy was shooting a 1911 race gun, the bullet bounced off the rock, flew over the berm, travelled at least 100 yards, went through a corregated steel wall into the indoor airgun range near the roof, slid along the inside length of the roof, bounced off an interior wall, and nailed this kid in the head killing him. The range was sued and was forced to add these hanging baffle doo-dads. I would say the odds are greater than 1 in a million. Holy crap!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Let me tell you about a really unnerving incident I had.  I was at an indoor range, shooting my Beretta 96.  Pow, pow, pow, I had three holes in the target the BOOOM! the table in front of me literaly exploded.  It took me a second to gather my senses, then decocked the gun and set it down.  My right wrist hurt like hell, I looked at it and moved my hand around and it didn't seem like anything was broken, and nothing had broken the skin.  Then my wife pointed out my left forearm, a piece of metal had lodged inside tearing a small gash.  Blood was running down my arm and dripping on the floor.  I pulled out the piece of metal, looked like a piece of a shell casing.  Anyway, here is what happened.  After the third shot, the ejected shell casing ended up landing on top of a tray of ammo (outside of the box), and somehow set off the primer on one of the rounds.  It blew the corner off the plastic tray, dented a few rounds next to it, compressed the round underneath it in another box of ammo, I assume the bullet itself hit my wrist (got a big ol' bruise), pieces of the shell cut my arm (had to get stiches), and pieces of shell and plastic also flew everywhere.  One of the range employees insisted I had shot a round through the table in front of me.  Whatever.  Another one said it had happened to him before.  Anyway from now on I keep all the ammo boxes closed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:40:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Ahybody see the special on how Regean actually got shot ?

They took a camera and slowed it down real slow and voila Regean was hit by a ricocheting bullet. He was not hit directly. In fact I believe it richocheted off his Bullet-Proof Presidential Limosuine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#27]
This was a topic on a 50 site I go to.  It is  well known that a bullet hitting a hard object and richocetting will return along its original flight path.  When firing at a hardened steel object with 50's requires at least 200 - 300 yds between you and the object you are shooting at to prevent being hit by a returning projectile.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:34:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This was a topic on a 50 site I go to.  It is  well known that a bullet hitting a hard object and richocetting will return along its original flight path.  When firing at a hardened steel object with 50's requires at least 200 - 300 yds between you and the object you are shooting at to prevent being hit by a returning projectile.
View Quote

Seems to me that the angle of deflection would depend on the angle of incidence.  If you hit something that's tilted back at 45 degrees, your bullet ain't gonna come straight back at you, it's gonna get deflected straight up.   Physics figures.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Years ago, with my very first assault rifle I went shooting with a friend to an old abandonded limestone pit.  My friend brought his AR & an iron stand which we setup abt 75 yds away.  He tried some rapid fire & as the muzzle climbed a .223 ricocheted off one of the side struts & lodged into a cart behind & between us by abt 6'.  We were only abt 5 feet apart.  It took a chunk outta the wood cart, so I'm quessing it would do some damage to me.

Lesson learned, don't shoot at steel targets with jacketed high power ammo unless it's way off.

Don't tempt fate, cause we're all just penciled in....
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#30]
AR15fencer,
 With smaller calibers that may be true, but with a 50, the bullet indentation into the object whether angled or not usually creates a straight line deflection.  In those cases that the angle of deflection is not enough is not the chance I would want to take with a 750gr projectile.  If you would like to try it, then I would be more than happy to lend you my 50 and stand by as an observer so long as you have signed  and had notarized my waiver of any liability.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#31]
One time I was shooting my AR when a bullet bounced off of a rock. It then flew onto the porch and grazed the striker on the BBQ grill, thus starting the grill. It then bounced off of the grill and into a tree and knocked a squirrel onto the grill. Next, it bounced off of the branch and grazed past a bottle of BBQ sauce, which wobbled and tipped over, thus pouring sauce onto the squirrel, on the grill. Finally, it flew past a bottle of beer that was on the table, an spun the cap off of it. So, I drank the beer and ate the squirrel.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#33]
When I was young (8-9 y.o. maybe?) I shot at a milk jug with my Red Ryder BB gun and the BB bounced straight back and hit me about an inch under my right eye.  That's almost as straight back as a projectile could come, as the sights are almost an inch above the bore.  Opened my eyes (pun intended) to the importance of proper target selection and shooting glasses![:O]
[50]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:36:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
AR15fencer,
 With smaller calibers that may be true, but with a 50, the bullet indentation into the object whether angled or not usually creates a straight line deflection.  In those cases that the angle of deflection is not enough is not the chance I would want to take with a 750gr projectile.  If you would like to try it, then I would be more than happy to lend you my 50 and stand by as an observer so long as you have signed  and had notarized my waiver of any liability.
View Quote

I'm sure a high powered round like the 50 would behave differently than smaller rounds, simply because it's so damn heavy and has so much energy, but I don't believe it defies simple physics.  

Deflection will depend on angle of incidence, but it will also depend on the round, it's velocity, it's material, and the material and density of what it's hitting.  A lot of variables, so I don't the the blanket statement that the .50 is going to bounce straight back applies in every and all cases.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
When I was young (8-9 y.o. maybe?) I shot at a milk jug with my Red Ryder BB gun and the BB bounced straight back and hit me about an inch under my right eye.  That's almost as straight back as a projectile could come, as the sights are almost an inch above the bore.  Opened my eyes (pun intended) to the importance of proper target selection and shooting glasses![:O]
[50]
View Quote

You'll shoot your eye out!  You'll shoot your eye out! [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:39:45 AM EDT
[#36]
45 acp with 230 gr. swc
I was shooting at an empty beer keg. The round hit – bounced off and plonked a friend of mine right in the kneecap.

He goes down and after much ado we figure out that he’s just got a BAD bruise. He gits back up and stands behind me this time.

I’m thinking 7.5 of 231 and a 230 should be going through this stinking keg. I shoot again – the round comes back right between my legs [shock] and gets him in the thigh.

- Talk about pissed LOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
No flame meant but....[b]What the hell are you guys shooting at steel targets at close range for????[V][V][/b]  To me it's just common sense that this is just an accident waiting to happen.  Heck, most rifle rounds travel around 3000+ fps and pistols around 900fps what do you think will happen??  Of course the buulet will bounce back at you, especially if it's a shotgun at 30'!!  You wouldn't throw a baseball at a wall and not expect it to not bounce back...why would anyone do the same with a rifle??

The reality is that I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.  Shoot at wood targets or pumpkins or something...but not steel!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

I concur- general rule when I go shootingis... 5.56mm = +80m. Be careful next time, or you REALLY WILL shoot yer' eye out. [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Didn't Davey Crockett do something like that in his frst movie?  IIRC, he set up frying pans all around the room.  Then he wetted down the front sight on "Old Betsey" (to get the haze off 'er doncha know) and proceeded to shoot.  The camera followed the ringing frying pans all around the room & he came up grinnin' with a perfectly round, pure lead ball in his teeth.

Must be true, I saw it on TV!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:45:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Last weekend I walked into a range during an IPSC match.  As soon as I got intot he range proper....Blam...I was knocked to my ass by an impact in my chest.  Next to me was a 45 montan gold slug.  The guy up had shot the floor. the round had glanced of it off a target holder then back to me at the rear of the range....

OUCH!!  quite a welt....
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#40]
This happenned to a friend I was shooting with once.  We were shooting bowling pins with a .38 and one round bounced back and hit him in the gut.  Didn't even leave a mark but made us think real hard.  We were figuring how many rounds we have shot in th last 10 years just last week.  We've come up with a ballpark of 75-100K rounds of all different calibers.  This was the only ricochet that happenned like that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#41]
since we are telling stories...

i overheard this one at knob creek this spring.
cannot vouch for authenticity, but here goes...

this fella' decided he's going to make an illegal suppressor for his m11. to try it out in his back yard, he obtains some subsonic 9mm and an empty beer keg. he loads up and proceeds to take a bead on the offending keg.
POP-THUNK.
no hole in the keg.
*?*  
POP-THUNK-SLAP
our hero looks down at his chest and sees a hole. shocked, sticks his finger in to confirm- and promptly passes out.
a while later (hours?), his brother comes home from work, sees him laying on the lawn and comes over to investigate. seeing no blood, he assumes he's knocked unconsious- tries to wake him up.
bubba wakes up, startled, only to remove his finger from the wound- and begins to exsanguinate.
panic, 911 is called .

iirc he lives only to be charged for the unregistered can. oops.

the moral of this story (and the previous one) is that empty beer kegs are dangerous and should be refilled a quickly as they are emptied. [beer]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
45 acp with 230 gr. swc
I was shooting at an empty beer keg. The round hit – bounced off and plonked a friend of mine right in the kneecap.

He goes down and after much ado we figure out that he’s just got a BAD bruise. He gits back up and stands behind me this time.

I’m thinking 7.5 of 231 and a 230 should be going through this stinking keg. I shoot again – the round comes back right between my legs [shock] and gets him in the thigh.

- Talk about pissed LOL
View Quote

HOLY $$$$,    That's funny, I still can't stop laughing!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Many years ago I was teaching a LEO class. Students were shooting 38 Specials at 25 yards targets, with a berm behind the targets. I'm correcting a students hold when all of the sudden it feels like I've been hit in the leg with a baseball bat. I look down at my leg an don't see anything, then blood starts seeping through the cloth.

The best we could figure was that a round had ricocheted off a rock in the berm and had hit me in the leg, hard enough to break the skin and draw blood, but for some odd reson, not tear the fabric of my jeans.

Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I was shooting a Tarus PT22 into a tree stump about ten yards away once when a round came straight back and hit me dead square in the middle of my forehead. Big welt, but didn't break skin. No safety glasses on at the time either. I was very lucky.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#45]
have had bb's hit my in the face after bouncing off a 2x4.  also had 9mm cases hit me in the head...i'm gonna buy some glasses soon.  the 'coolest' thing that i've seen was shooting bb guns in my friends garage and our bb's hit each other in the air and a big spark and a trail of fire followed one of them.  we must have tried for another hour to repeat it.  young and stupid.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Yep it can happen.  Last IDPA match we were shooting steel plates.  Jacket fragment hit me in the chin.  Didn't hurt much but bled a for a bit. Have had 45 slugs come back and thump me in the chest at an indoor range.  No damage.

Wear shooting glasses at all times!
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:12:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#48]
(2) Incidents I can recall.

My Father and his friend from work were varmint hunting for a horse farmer in the area.  Dad and his friend were being bothered by the glare from the late afternoon sun.  They moved thier setup next to an old barn on the property for some shade.

Dad's buddy, after 30 minutes lull in critter activity decides to look around for 'targets'.  Dad warns him of the bad idea.  The buddy sights in on a distant reflection at the edge of the field and fires.  Followed by a loud pop right next to him.

He thought he was shooting at an old glass bottle or tin can.  Turns out he shot at one edge of a TV Tube (CRT) which had it's screen broken.  The round slinged around the rim of the tube like a roulette ball and came back and hit the barn about a yard from where he was kneeling.

===============

I was out with a buddy shooting on a PA public range.  All the 20 and 35 yard handgun shooting stations were full.  I brought out the wood target frames, hammered them into the ground on the 50 yard range next to another guy's frames set up for the same purpose.

After 2 hours of firing various large handguns in the .45 and .44 Mag size, we decided to pack up and go eat.  I pull up the target frames and noticed the back side of the frames were splintered to hell.  

I realized the angle of travel for the rounds we were firing were hitting a 6x6 wood RR Tie used to hold gravel back around one of the walking paths to the 50 yard targets.  There was a small trench carved where the rounds were going and the 6x6 was being cut through.  Once we went through the 6x6, the gravel was hit and stuff started bouncing back to the target frame.  

We neglected to notice the difference in angle with the shooters being up on a berm.  Had we been level with the targets, we wouldn't have had the problem.  I feel bad.  I always try to leave a range better than I found it.  In this case, we had left a small mess.  We did the best we could to fix it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#49]
I was shooting at a metal gong about 30 yards away with my Glock 34 when my buddy cut a round loose with his Yugo M48A.  He shot the gong and the bullet seperated and one big wad of jacket came back and hit me right on the end of the nose.  Cartiledge was sticking out with lots of blood.  8 stitches later and it isn't too noticable.  He was stupid, and he felt bad, but he is still my friend.

patsue
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This happenned to a friend I was shooting with once.  We were shooting bowling pins with a .38 and one round bounced back and hit him in the gut.  Didn't even leave a mark but made us think real hard.  We were figuring how many rounds we have shot in th last 10 years just last week.  We've come up with a ballpark of 75-100K rounds of all different calibers.  This was the only ricochet that happenned like that.
View Quote

Let me add to that and ask anyone with experience to chime in.  The first and last bowling pin match we shot at my local indoor range we had a shooter hit in the chest with a .45 cal slug. He wasn't severly injured but it scared the hell out of everybody.  Here's my question, before we started shooting, one of our best shooters dragged my ass behind the line barricade.  He stated matter of factly that I must not have much experience shooting bowling pins (which I didn't) because it was well known that as the outer wood was damaged, the inside cork would slow the exit of the bullet, and as the pins were spun around by the shot, the bullet might not exit until the pin had rotated 180 degrees sending the bullet back from where it had come. In other words "take cover".

You know what happens when a .223 round hits a hardened steel plate @ >3000 fps?  Absolutely nothing, except that the kinetic energy delivered to the plate may knock it down.  If steel is set up properly it is safe, and one of the most entertaining targets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top