Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2001 6:45:11 PM EDT
I was sitting in my truck waiting to get checked in to Tinker AFB this morning. As one the gate guards walked in front of me the strap to his M16, which was strapped across his back, came loose and the rifle went smack on the concrete. I watched it almost in slow motion and over all the racket I could hear that unmistakable clackety sound of a 16 hitting the ground. Funniest part was the look on this guy's face. That "OH SHIT did anybody see that?"[:I] look. He quickly picked it up and began fixing the strap. I really wanted to tell him to take better care of the taxpayers property, but tensions are a tad high already so I kept my mouth shut. At least I know why all those M16s look like they have been dragged behind a truck.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:47:22 PM EDT
hehe
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:02:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2001 6:56:12 PM EDT by trickshot]
Yeah, I cringe whenever I see two people use an M-16 as a step to help a third person over and obstacle or something. Yikes!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:18:25 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:15:30 PM EDT
It was one of those new black nylon slippery slings. Me thinks I like the old style better.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:25:12 PM EDT
As a former jar head i have seen this a few times, the best is when an airfarce mp does it in front of you[;)] and you give him/her a good ration of shit! The best i saw was at Nelis AFB, the mp's were coming in to the chow hall. and about 15 of us jarhead airwingers were already seated. Our SgtMaj was at the head of one table. A young mp comes in and lays his weapon on an empty table muzzle towart the smaj. Then leaves it there while intering the chow line.... in about 2 seconds the rifle flew out the door and down the stairs! Then the mp was dragged out and got his ass kicked, we tried not to snicker but it was hard.. The sargent major was not an airwinger, just sent to us to be the top dog....pat
Top Top