Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 5:57:16 PM EDT
Does anyone think any of this will impact the sunsetting of the AW ban.
What exactly will happen if the bill does sunset? Will my two postban rifles lose value.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Good question!  Thank Christ I dont't own any post ban weapons!  Semper Fi!  [marines]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It will only lose, if you do your part to get it to.  Write, email, get others to speak up.
Who gives a shit if the value goes down, you can rebuild them to the way you want!
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
The post bans can just have those features added later, it's the prebans that will lose value!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I sincerely hope that the value of my pre-ban goes to hell come Sept. of '04.  I also hope the money I've put into good high-cap mags is a loss as well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the day again?  I want to make sure O have it circled on my calander.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I forgot, if this does go through, which it probably won't, will this include the 10 round mag limit?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://www.geocities.com/aaadock/awban.html[/url]

set the date as sept 14, 2004 if its wrong let me now and I'll fix it...  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't mind if all my 30 rnd mags lost value overnight.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:23:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cluster

set the date as sept 14, 2004 if its wrong let me now and I'll fix it...  
View Quote

That's my birhday! I think I'll get a M4 with a REAL collapsable stock.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys could someone fill me in on the  Aw ban? Wha tis it and what does it cover? I am totaly lost here. All info is needed thanks Superfly   [newbie]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey guys could someone fill me in on the  Aw ban? Wha tis it and what does it cover? I am totaly lost here. All info is needed thanks Superfly   [newbie]
View Quote

It was signed in '94, no new hi-cap civvie mags and no new rifles that have a detachable mag and more than one of the following: pistol grip, flash hider, bayonet lug, and I believe folding stocks (or was that a separate law?). However, rifles made before the legislation were okay. Thus the terminology "post ban" and "pre ban". It got signed, however, with a clause stating the law would end in ten years, which would be 2004, unless renewed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Here in CT they passed a state law that is the same as the federal law so that if the AW ban sunsets on Sept. 14 2004 we are still stuck with it.  We also had an AW ban before the federal law which in effect prohibits the sale of preban AW's.  In other words we're screwed!!!
Get this, if a firearm has a selector switch it is a banned AW.  If it will fire full auto only it is OK.  Figure that one out.  I'll be looking for a good class 3 state when I retire in about 20 years.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Save a bunch of money in case there is a gap for a couple of days.  [8D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here in CT they passed a state law that is the same as the federal law so that if the AW ban sunsets on Sept. 14 2004 we are still stuck with it.  We also had an AW ban before the federal law which in effect prohibits the sale of preban AW's.  In other words we're screwed!!!
Get this, if a firearm has a selector switch it is a banned AW.  If it will fire full auto only it is OK.  Figure that one out.  I'll be looking for a good class 3 state when I retire in about 20 years.
View Quote

It could be worse. You could be in Kalifornia. [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top