Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2001 5:36:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/23/2001 8:04:56 PM EDT by HKocher]
I want to get involved to improve my skills (or lack thereof) and to become more of a part of the local gun community. I have not been a member before, and I'm in a new state, so where do I look for info on local events and organizations? Two important factors for me, cost and time. I don't have a lot of extra funds to spend for my enjoyment right now, and I don't have a lot of free time outside of the weekends. Can I still swing this? I'm in STL, MO BTW Also, any tactical rifle or shotgun in my area?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:56:05 PM EDT
IDPA.com Insanely cheap to join, I think I paid $70 for three years. Local clubs are linked to the site, ours is twice a month for about 3-4 hours on a Sat AM. Only about 10 or so bucks to shoot, barely covers the cost of targets. Oh, you'll need an approved holster and mag holder, I think Blade tech is running a perpetual "IDPA special," about $50 for both in Kydex, pretty slick setup and the price is right.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:59:27 PM EDT
Check out [URL]idpa.com[/URL] and [URL]uspsa.com[/URL]. So far as USPSA, I think you are in Area 1. Go to that link and find a club. Also, definately join USPSA, it helps when shooting both IPSC and IDPA. You can minimize your costs and shoot limited 10. Just get a fast holster and extra mags and have fun!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:10:38 PM EDT
Thanks for the info and the links. I will have to give it a try. I went to the IDPA webpage, and there is no participating club nearby. Surely St. Louis has a club.
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 4:52:34 AM EDT
Top Top