Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/23/2001 2:39:42 PM EDT
hp: "People who shoot competition miss about 50% of what pratical accuracy with a service rifle means." for the fall, winter, and into the spring. "practical accuracy" is what i'd like to concentrate on. i want to develop with a 16" a2 iron sight to an above average level before getting involved with any of that scopes, jackets and long distance stuff. any benchmarks? drills? thoughts on what PA means?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:57:09 PM EDT
Man, you tryin' to get these guys to rip me a new one? I was just pointin' out my pet peeve that Service Match competition has gone a bit too far towards MATCH and bit far from SERVICE. I can assure you that no one in the service (Infantry at least) would have anything nice to say about a 16 pound AR. As far as your qual questions the Army and I think the Marines both qualify on human silouettes that pop up for timed exposures measured in seconds. A hit anywhere counts. I have the Army Qual standards at home but would have to look them up. The standards required day and night qualification as well as a qual wearing the mask. I've shot on a Marine course out to 500 yards (or is it meters) with a 16 Shorty AK with a Reflex and find I have about a 50% hit probabilty on the 500 y/m target.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:08:31 PM EDT
yea...didn't you like how i threw your name in the topic....heh heh.
Top Top