Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2001 7:25:49 AM EDT
I was wondering why Imboglio has not posted this yet.  
Scary stuff.  Maybe need to start a thread on defeating roadblocks.  
c-rock
[lnk]http://www.almartinraw.com/column37.html[/lnk]

What has not been explained to the American people is the reason why 35,000 Army Reservists and 65,000 National Guard have been called up. It is to maintain internal checkpoints. It has nothing to do with the external "War on Terrorism." All of these people are being trained at the US Army School of Urban Control at Fort Campbell, Kentucky. CNN actually showed an urban training mock-up, what they're training on, and what the new Internal Security checkpoint is going to look like. It was mighty sinister looking.

There was a barrier that went across the road. To the right was an elevated shed like structure, elevated perhaps fifteen feet in the air. It had a small second story that was open. On it was a sign that read "Homeland Security Internal Checkpoint." There were sandbags and the wooden arm that crossed the road read "100% ID Checked." Then there was a small shed to the right with a small barbed wire area behind that. On this structure was a sign, which read, "All citizens not having proper identification will be detained. All foreign nationals will be detained. All citizens who are deemed to be acting in a suspicious manner will be detained." At each of these posts there will be six armed Army or National Guard reservists with M-16's with full field kit. On top of the structure to the rear, the open structure on top, there's a man with a machine gun emplacement.

They showed the actual mockup used for training purposes. They had new uniforms. They weren't in their regular uniforms. It's a new gray uniform with a gray helmet and a visor so you can't see their eyes. The only thing you can see is from their lips down because they said that's "to prevent any retribution" from people who don't like this new idea.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The bullsh#t flag is up.

If Al had CNN footage of this, he'd have it linked on his site. I'm supposed to believe it because he says, "I swear to God, I'm not making this up."??

Can any of you Army guys confirm the existence of this "US Army School of Urban Control at Fort Campbell, Kentucky?" In fact, nevermind. I know someone stationed at Fort Campbell; I'll just ask him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I find this hard to believe.

Ian
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Bull crap.

I can't find ANYTHING about this on CNN.

It also sounds like someone has been watching too many sci-fi movies in regards to the uniforms.

"All citizens will be detained. Do not argue with us, as we are wearing our Robocop helmets."

Av.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#4]
And here I thought it was talk about the National ID card with computer chip.

Not going to happen, the guard is taking over positions vacated by active troops.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like more paranoid BS to me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
According to my friend at Ft. Campbell, KY, there is no "US Army School of Urban Control."

Of course, he could be [b]in on it[/b], and just lying to me while the Stormtrooper hyper-react squad is deploying to their stealth helicopters and flying nap-of-the-earth to my house as we speak...
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#7]
That's not scary, that's funny.

[b]On it was a sign that read "Homeland Security Internal Checkpoint." There were sandbags and the wooden arm that crossed the road read "100% ID Checked." Then there was a small shed to the right with a small barbed wire area behind that. On this structure was a sign, which read, "All citizens not having proper identification will be detained. All foreign nationals will be detained. All citizens who are deemed to be acting in a suspicious manner will be detained."[/b]

[b]It's a new gray uniform with a gray helmet and a visor so you can't see their eyes. The only thing you can see is from their lips down because they said that's "to prevent any retribution" from people who don't like this new idea.[/b]

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:06:20 AM EDT
[#8]
all citizens are belong to us
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Sounds good to me. THey have weapons good out to about 400 yeards, we have weapons good out to about a 1000 yards.

Soon we will ahve some 400 yard weapons also.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, I for one refuse to accept "the Mark of the Beast."

And the Army school where urban "pacification" is taught is at Ft. Polk, La.  But there they do  teach, not only US troops, but foreign troops as well, INCLUDING former Iron Curtain countries, how to seal off a town, how to set up check points, house to house search for weapons and contraband, vehicle search, etc.

So far, they have not trained them to handle heavily armed citizens... those willing to resist.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well, I for one refuse to accept "the Mark of the Beast."

And the Army school where urban "pacification" is taught is at Ft. Polk, La.  But there they do  teach, not only US troops, but foreign troops as well, INCLUDING former Iron Curtain countries, how to seal off a town, how to set up check points, house to house search for weapons and contraband, vehicle search, etc.

So far, they have not trained them to handle heavily armed citizens... those willing to resist.
View Quote

I think your Camo-bandana is tied too tightly around your head.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#12]
CNN didn't say Fort Campbell, Kentucky.  They said Fort Knox.  I didn't see any gray uniforms or visors.  All of the guys there were wearing burgandy berets.z
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:13:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
CNN didn't say Fort Campbell, Kentucky.  They said Fort Knox.  I didn't see any gray uniforms or visors.  All of the guys there were wearing burgandy berets.z
View Quote

So you saw the footage this guy is referring to? Because he says Ft. Campbell is where the "School of Urban Control" is located. Can you supply a link, zoom?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 10:14:00 AM EDT
[#14]
If they want to make the training really realistic, the sign should be riddle with bullet holes and the guards would be hiding behind concrete and steel barriers and flipping a coin to see who gets to go out and stop the next car (bomb).

I don't see this happening here for at least 2-3 more years.  A British/Aussie style gun grab would have to take place first.

Two words:  Northern Ireland -- the Brits could not manage to stop a few hundred Irish "terrorists" in that tiny nation with draconian gun control and sealed borders.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Yawwwwwnnnnn.....[sleep]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:03:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't have any idea what footage c-rock is talking about (gray uniforms?), but CNN did show troops in training covering a checkpoint from both a wooded hill and a 5(?) story motel.  There was also, what looked to be, a sniper positioned on a watertower.  They mentioned that the Army is preparing to be ready to deploy checkpoints to close-off major American cities in an emergency, like "they should have NY after the terrorist attack."  I don't have a (working) TV, so when I do get to watch the news, I tend to remember it.  They mentioned that it was at Fort Knox about a dozen times.  There were more pine trees than I expected to see in Kentucky and the grass was browner than I expected to see at this time of year, but I don't have any reason to doubt that's where it was.  Also, they showed the soldiers "assaulting" the same motel (by using folding ladders to enter through the second floor windows) to practise the rescue of a foreign diplomat from an embassy held by armed noncombatants (their words, I thought anyone armed was a combatant).  What checkpoints and diplomats have to do with each other, I don't know.  Are they expecting Americans to assault foreign embassies in Washington?  No one mentioned it, but there were marines on the screen at the site.  Maybe this is the basis for the above story?z

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
c-rock,why do you post crap like this?

You are way the hell ahead of your self,Bush does not even like th hole National ID thing so what the hell will they check?

Sounds like a CNN wet dream.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top