Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
1)ask the guy at the gun store to leave gun out until it accumulates dust
2)tell guy at gunstore IF your wife answers phone ask to speak to Joe the plumber
3)run gun in house when she is gone.  when she finds it (dusty of course) say "Oh I've had that old gun for a long time"

brother was swapping guns around in house so his wife wouldn"t get used to any one gun in any one place.   Came home one day and she said "when did you buy a new gun".    HOW did she know?   she was counting barrells.

My wife going through menopause, don't try to figure it out, you will go to a nuthouse.  One minute she wants to beat you to death, next minute she is your best friend.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:14:20 AM EDT
[#4]
When she questions you about a gun, you have to have a good lie ready. You should have told her,

I"m handling a transaction for someone at work, Why did someone call with the transfer number?

When I got the Rock River AR from AR-15.com this year I started cleaning it in front of her when she asked if it was a new rifle I told her I had it for years. It was working great until she spotted the year 2001 printed on it.

Remember what I said have a GOOD lie ready.[:)]

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:25:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Am I the last one out there that does what he wants?  My bills are paid, my kids are fed, the cars all run fine, I can cook my own dinner and everyone is clothed.  Why do you guys let someone rule you or your habit.  Marital peace is nice but I have to live my own life first.  Then I can live our life.

Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Pregnant...she's pregnant!!!

[:P]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Whatever it is that she especially likes you to do during your moments of warm commerce with her, do it.  Get your whole face down in there and make "yummy sounds" while you do it.  Then surrender the checkbook and a major credit card to her.  Right now, it is like you are in a pitch black room faced by an opponent who has night vision goggles.  The best that you can hope for here is to limit the damage you sustain.
Ain't married life a hoot?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Man run like hell,she just wants to save up and use this at some other time.

I'm telling you dude this is NOT the end of this!
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#9]
RUN MAN RUN
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#10]
AH HA!  Its called PMS my friend!  (Physcotic Mood Swings)

Hey, don't feel alone, I've been dealing with it for 10 yrs myself!

Some advice,  Whenever doing any kind of transactions, always inform the seller or buyer that you do not wish them to contact your home in any way.  Explain why, (be honest) and they will understand.  I "have" to do it all the time! [:D]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:16:56 AM EDT
[#11]
She may not be up to anything, hard to tell. I bought an Oly ar15 at a gun show a couple of weekends ago and thought I was going to be in major trouble. All she said was, "well, it's your money".

Truth is, like Striker, I pay 95% of the bills and don't buy guns if there is something else we need.

I also tend to keep her in expensive gifts right around purchase times. Couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:26:31 AM EDT
[#12]
reverse psychology my friend...
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#13]
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is yelling at the front door, whom do you let in first?
The dog of course. He'll shut up once you let him in.

LOL

Good luck bud. My feeling is she is setting you up for something...big.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, something like this happened to me about a month ago.  Seemed I forgot to mark one of those YES/NO boxes on the form at the gunshop and the owner realized this a couple of days later and called the house!!  OOPS!!!!  Same deal..  "Honey are you buying another gun?"  "Uhhh, no, why?" (hey I wasn't, I ALREADY did!!!)  she goes on to tell me about the call and I make up some BS about them doing there year-end and they probably just noticed it from along time ago etc.etc., and then asks me how many guns are in the safe!!  "uh just a few"  "HA!!" she says "Theres a bunch of them in there, don't tell me you haven't been buying guns!!" (busted)  I just chuckled and that was the end of it!!!  Amazing.

Nuckles.   [smash]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:57:26 AM EDT
[#15]
The last time my wife acted like that she charged $2000 on my credit card.....She got off my ass but it was costly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Ever heard of cell phone?  It's the best thing for a cheating/guilty husband since non-smudge lipstick.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, I had this ALL figured out...walk out of the house with a empty case and tell her you`re goin` shootin........the rest is easy...this worked SO good....till the day she said...."I`m going with you"..........[grenade]
View Quote

You could try getting a double case, and keep one gun in it. If she wants to go with you, then you have one but you need to stop at the shop to pick up some ammo and arrange to pick up the new one later.

Course I don't have to do this since I'm single. [:|][:\][:)][:D][:|]
View Quote
                                            Course....I don`t have to do it since I`m DIVORCED.......HMMM....wonder why?....[grenade]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well I gave my better half the same amount of money in cash that the Hi-Power is going to cost. The only comment she made was "made you feel guilty?". Which she didn't. Made me think though that I should have told her. We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination but we are comfortable so the bills aren't an issue. Lesson I have learned..tell the next guy not to call the house.[}:D]
View Quote
                                            Better half?.........Hope it stays that way...............[argue]
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Wait 'til your next credit card statement comes!
[>Q]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top