Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 4:32:15 PM EDT
[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/631870.asp[/url]

"Asian Muslims say U.S. should halt attacks or face rage"

"JAKARTA, Indonesia, Oct. 22 —  Muslims across Asia warned the United States Monday that it could stir Islamic anger and drive moderates into the hard-line camp if the strikes on Afghanistan stretch into the holy month of Ramadan."

Fuck them! Bomb until the mission is accomplished!

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Would they not attack us on one of our declared holidays?  I doubt it.  Come to think of it, the Taliban has been issuing press releases right and left about how noncombatants are being killed by the air strikes when they themselves are harboring someone who declared that it would make no difference whether they kill US military personnel or civilians.

Note to terrorists:
"US says if you commit terrorist acts, you will face rage"

Since they've qualified...let the rage continue...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:39:05 PM EDT
[#2]
so we've been warned, i'll make a note to get back to them as soon as we turn the afgan mountians into plains.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#3]
didn't they 'warn' us about retaliating in the first place?  and didn't we conveniently ignore those warnings?

you'd think they'd get a clue!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Weren't we supposed to be seeing this chain of events in October of [b]1999[/b]?[whacko]

"Its the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine..."
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#5]
As Donald Rumsfeld said today,  "Ramadan never stopped Muslim nations warring on each other, why should it stop us?" (I paraphrase)
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Assoc. Press---

Rumsfeld said there was no deadline for completing U.S. military action in Afghanistan. He was asked whether it would continue into the Islamic holy month of Ramadan, which begins in mid-November.

"History is replete with instances where Muslim nations have fought among themselves or with other countries during various important holy days for their religion and it has not inhibited them historically," he replied, while also stressing the urgency of stopping the terrorists before they strike again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top