Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 5:34:19 PM EDT
from the day you graduated high school, what would you do different knowing what you know now?

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
from the day you graduated high school, what would you do different knowing what you know now?

[beer]
View Quote

Joined the military, THEN gone to college.

[beer]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a whole butt load of pre-bans.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a damn thing.  While I've screwed up more than a handful of times since graduating from High School, all of them have led me to where I am now, and I'm very happy here.  I wish I had completed college, but then I wouldn't have any of the blessings I have received since them.  

I've got a wonderful wife who loves me and doesn't give me grief about my shooting habit, as she shares it, two beautiful children, a nice house in the burbs, and I've gotten back in touch with God and am no longer angry at him for the death of my father.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:39:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I had more chances to get laid than I realized at the time.  If I had another chance...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#5]
never gone to grad school.  biggest waste of money.  especially since i won't be using it.  unfortunately i figured out what i wanted to do [i]after[/i] already spent all that money.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Enlisted in the Air Force, persuing a position with Military Police/Security.
Looking back, I would have wanted to stay in for the career.
At 18, I was pussywhipped (but, damn, it was good!).
 By 19, my Dad had died and I misspent my young adulthood in blue funk of self-imposed depression...looking for approval from a bunch of losers.  Geez Louise.

Yeah, wouldn't it be nice to take the middle-age attitude back to the high-school years?
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Gone to Seattle to look up some lame-assed geek named Bill Gates, who was in Grade School at the time!

And then become his best, best buddy ever![:D]

'What's that, Bill, old buddy, need a coupla' hundred bucks to but some IBM computer parts?
Here you go!'

Eric The(AndWhereDoBritneySpear'sParentsLive?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Would have quit drinking a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG time before I did.  Took me a while to learn.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Should've gone to the Annapolis when it was offered. My life would sure be different now but I really wanted to fly fighters.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Good question..got me thinking about a conversation I just had with my 17 year old daughter..

"Follow your [i]heart[/i], not the dollar when choosing your major".

I have warned her about all the things I did in excess, partying, drinking, etc, and hope that she will not do the same.

[beer] not too many though!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I had more chances to get laid than I realized at the time.  If I had another chance...
View Quote

Hey Attman!Lets get together and take turns kicking each other in the ass! I feel like it sometime when I think of what I missed!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought some pre-ban rifles & I wouldn't have gotten married, especially to the B*t*h that I did end up marrying!

Jamie
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Stayed in the Air force Security police /Law enforcement on the EST team
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
never gone to grad school.  biggest waste of money.  especially since i won't be using it.  unfortunately i figured out what i wanted to do [i]after[/i] already spent all that money.
View Quote

What is your degree in?  I hold a Master of Science in Quality and it was well worth the time.  It damn near doubled my pay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:46:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I should have married my high school girlfriend instead of breaking up when I had the chance to do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:55:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Pursued a career in something I love(firearms).

Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Other than correct a couple of really dumb but minor moves I honestly don't know.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
I would have never had sex with the bitch that I did and spent the worst 9 years with. I would join the army and stay there for about 20 years or so and hope to find a nice wommen latter in life like around 30 or so.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:04:37 PM EDT
[#20]
I sure as heck would have done BETTER in highschool... then tried to go to A&M or something... maybe tried to go to the USAFA like my father did.  I missed out on a lot of things because of indecisiveness around that age...
There are a lot of things I'd do differently if I could go back to various points.  Remember, hindsight is 20/20, but you can't go forward while you're looking back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:43:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I would have not gone to the meeting and got involved with those people.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#22]
There is only one thing I would have done diferently.

I transferred to a private college when I was 21; it was the perfect place for me and I was completely happy and satisfied.

But my parents refused to help me with tuition, even though they were perfectly able to.  My father used his money to buy his girlfriend a farm in the San Juan Islands, my mom used her money to eat out every night and buy furniture.  I went to a state college I hated.

If I had it to do over, I would have worked for a year and re-applyed for financial aid to my college of choice as an independent man, and never spoken to my parents again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh where do I begin?  Should I have insisted upon going to college more locally than I did, thus allowing me to continue dating my highschool sweetheart (probably would have gotten married to her - saw her later, and i would [b]not[/b] have been disappointed) and gone into the career that I am not attempting to get into on a part-time basis (of course it doesn't pay at this point... had I started then I'd be at the top by now)

Or failing that, I should have chosen the Navy instead of the army when I enlisted... and followed that plan... which included a hitch, then college via ROTC and otehr assistance, then back in (officer material)... and I'd be retiring this year...

Or, perhaps the Seminary?  (yeah, I know, quite a difference there)

As it is, I am most likely where I am supposed to be right now... my problem is figuring out where I should go/do next!
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 11:23:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Bought sub guns, Prebans and magazines prior to the ban. Stayed married the 1200 a month child support I pay makes the few problems in my marriage look small. Bought and SOLD Dot Com stock before it died [B)]

Ropes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top