Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/21/2001 3:29:00 PM EDT
Was hoping some of you members from Arizona could let me know a good vendor with good prices for a bushmaster ar-15..any of you familiar with Katz firearms?? thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:17:42 PM EDT
well, arizona is pretty big!!!!!! from ARlday's fiance: The Armory in Scottsdale (Hayden Road) and Baer Arms in Scottsdale (Shea and Scottsdale Road). Armory might tend towards the more expensive, but customer service is great. also has lots of class 3 fun. Baer Arms will have a better selection and prices. there are other gun shops too. have just dealt with these. can't help ya with the Katz thing, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:37:53 PM EDT
Here's the Armory's web site: [url]http://www.azarmory.com/[/url] The Armory is building a gun club in Scottsdale: [url]http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/[/url] I think Arizona Sportsman(3 or 4 stores) or Pistol Parlor might have them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:56:53 PM EDT
lot boy..thanx alot..i should have been specific about my location... im in north scotsdale...so any good firearms dealer in the greter phoenix area..ill try to check out both this week
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:10:27 PM EDT
Katz has pretty good prices, but the Shooting Star in Tempe gets all my busness now. They have great prices and the owner is way cool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:24:39 PM EDT
HEY GUYS!!! Seriously, I have been to just about all those places you mentioned but about 4 months ago I found the best place to buy a GUN in the Phoenix metro area! I would bet anything you can't get a better deal from a gunshop! The place is called Scottsdale Gun Center it's cross streets are Scottsdale RD & Oak in Wileshire plaza on the East side of Scottsdale Rd. Found business card: Address: 2525 N. Scottsdale Rd. #9 Scottsdale, AZ 85257 Phone number: (480) 874-1383 I have built a little relationship with this guy over the past 4 months and a few nights I helped him close his shop and pack up the guns in the safes and he said That I was a hell of a guy and wanted to give me deal since I helped him out a few times and he sold me a Rifle at cost! I got a new VEPR II 16" carbine for $460 out the door! I thought that was cool. He has a low margin in his shop but does volume. His Glocks are like $21 over cost...Go see for yourself or just call and ask for a price. If you want to get me in good with him tell him John Butler referred you. His name is Steve Bond. (Owner) The Bushmaster in his shop are about $50 lower than average. He has a V-Match NIB for $799. Go check it out I'm glad I did I won't buy a gun from anyone else now. This guy is so cool he will do a tranfer on anything even if he sells it! He's crazy! His theory is $25 to do 5 minutes of paperwork is fine by him.... Take care.. John
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:25:31 PM EDT
I AGREE SHOOTING STAR ALL THE WAY
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 8:08:16 PM EDT
Beagles...sounds like a great place...i was going to get something on gunbroker.com...but i think id rather see my money go to a local place. thanks again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:31:12 PM EDT
Too bad you guys didnt say something about Shooting star in Tempe about a month ago. I just changed jobs and was working there for awhile. $50 dollar markup on rifles and pistols. No one else does that, or tells you straight up what they markup their guns. P.S. The Armalites are usually cheaper than the Bushmasters there.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 9:38:44 PM EDT
I bought my M1A at bear guns, in scottsdale, Shooting Star didn't carry them, But I also highly recommend them to any one looking for rifles or pistols. Better call them first, they didn't have any Bushy's last time I was in there. Plenty of Armalites, though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:13:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ: I bought my M1A at bear guns, in scottsdale, Shooting Star didn't carry them, But I also highly recommend them to any one looking for rifles or pistols. Better call them first, they didn't have any Bushy's last time I was in there. Plenty of Armalites, though.
View Quote
I shopped BEAR ARMS for 7 years up till 4 months ago (I have bought at least 10 firearms from them )... I had a falling out of an issue of $10 on a case of ammo (I was there on a Monday and said "I'm going to grab a case of 7.62 before I leave because everyone in town is out of ammo...Remind me) I forget to buy it and go in the next day and the price went up $10. I talk to one guy that remembered what I said and he says "Ask the owner [Don't want to use names) but I'm sure it's fine we can sell it to YOU for that price. (being a regular customer) .... I ask the owner and he says NO it $99 now. I said "Name here" I'm the one who told you the market was dry! So you raised your price because of my info and your not going to cut the $10 for me? "No, sorry John."...I said Seeya! Steve Bond at Scottsdale Gun Center will take care of me. I go to Steve's shop tell him the story he gives me a case for $79! And tells me he's not going to chisel people because of the present situation. Never again will I buy anything from BEAR ARMS! John I have lost all respect for the owner and his employees. John
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 10:40:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/21/2001 10:35:16 PM EDT by Beagles747]
Originally Posted By EX11B: Beagles...sounds like a great place...i was going to get something on gunbroker.com...but i think id rather see my money go to a local place. thanks again.
View Quote
If you go on Gunsamerica.com and do a search by area code put in "480" area code and you'll see some of his prices. Now take into consideration that his online prices are about $10 higher than in store.... John By the way where about's are all you guys from? I live in South Scottsdale near the Tempe boarder...
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:08:46 PM EDT
John , youve been a big help...im going to be purchasing at least 2 weapons soon, and im sure your info will save me a lot of searching and 100$ or so...and i live in North East Phoenix. we will have to go shooting some day...im a bit rusty..been 8 years since i left the Infantry. cant wait to put rounds down range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:12:11 PM EDT
Originally Posted By EX11B: John , youve been a big help...im going to be purchasing at least 2 weapons soon, and im sure your info will save me a lot of searching and 100$ or so...and i live in North East Phoenix. we will have to go shooting some day...im a bit rusty..been 8 years since i left the Infantry. cant wait to put rounds down range.
View Quote
Sounds good to me, in fact if you want to meet up on a day off I can take you to that shop and we can check out some stuff. shooting sounds good, too! Take care, John Send me an e-mail....
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:16:58 PM EDT
John, sorry to hear about Bear Arms treating you like sh*t! I got put aside for a "regular" customer for a half an hour when I bought my M1A, thought that was pretty rude, but they had the best price. I won't buy from them again, either. I buy most of my ammo at J&G in Prescott, if that helps any. I'm located in east Mesa, Greenfiled and Southern, area.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:20:51 PM EDT
Ohhh - you mean a Bushmaster! I was going to recommend Nogales!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:23:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gus: Ohhh - you mean a Bushmaster! I was going to recommend Nogales!
View Quote
ROTFLMAO!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:31:49 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ: John, sorry to hear about Bear Arms treating you like sh*t! I got put aside for a "regular" customer for a half an hour when I bought my M1A, thought that was pretty rude, but they had the best price. I won't buy from them again, either. I buy most of my ammo at J&G in Prescott, if that helps any. I'm located in east Mesa, Greenfiled and Southern, area.
View Quote
Same thing happened to me before, too! I'm a regular customer but I still don't spend enough money to be the "Special" "Regular" customer. I was looking at a CETME .308 Rifle and thinking about buying it and "Mike" walks up and says" Hey! that's just what I came in here for". Owner, says" Hey "Mike" How you been..blah, blah, blah I got a new one in the box that has a nicer stock in the back! (That was mine!) I was pissed it was sweet, too. After I say, Gee what about me I would have taken that one if I had known it was that nice and existed! He replied" Oh I will get more in next week there should be one comparable in finish to the one I sold "Mike". I was pissed because I really wanted one and the stock on the one I was looking at was nasty and the reason I was hesitating on the sale! He knew I was looking at the stock and shaking my head. LOL..... I guess I just had bad timing that day! Oh Well... John
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:38:21 PM EDT
Anywhere but Tucson!
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:42:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By kevhogAZ: I bought my M1A at bear guns, in scottsdale, Shooting Star didn't carry them, But I also highly recommend them to any one looking for rifles or pistols. Better call them first, they didn't have any Bushy's last time I was in there. Plenty of Armalites, though.
View Quote
I was in about a week ago and Bill had a Scout M1A in stock. Usually they arent stocked because of their price $1,000+. But if you need something special ordered just ask.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/22/2001 8:46:16 PM EDT by kevhogAZ]
Glo1, I could've oredered one from Shooting Star, wish I had, but had to have it RIGHT NOW!! Looking back though, I should have ordered it, my M1A has been at Springfield Inc. since Sept. 12th, with a bad barrel. [:(!]
Top Top