Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 12:11:04 PM EDT
I've already taken my class and have my paspert pics.  I'm about 5 months away from being 23. My question is can I send it off now before I turn 23 since it takes a months to process? By the time they get it done I'll be 23?
I'm not that patient.,.thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't live there now, but when I did, I carried.  Unless they've slacked off (which I doubt) I don't think they will let you do that.  You have to be of age at the time of application.  Anyone else out there know any different?  Like I said, I've been gone for a year...it could have changed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not an Oklahoma CCW expert by any means. When I took the CCW course back in January of '96, it was my understanding that you had to be 23 years of age by the time you submitted your application, not upon issuance. As I recall, the Oklahoma Self Defense Act guide had some frequently asked questions to this effect. It has also been my experience that the office within the OSBI that handles CCW is staffed by a bunch of assholes who are not exactly forthcoming with the information. I would go ahead and request an application kit and look through there. It pretty well explains it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#3]
They sure aren't very nice on the phone,
they said they weren't for sure but they thought I had to be 23..It seems like when I took the class they told me to go ahead and submit my app. it just wouldn't be legal to carry til my birthday..
thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My son was told not to apply until after his 23rd birthday. They can be a real pain to deal with. My wife waited 7 months before they finally told her that her fingerprints weren't clear enough. When renewal time came up for me, I called to order a packet. Never got it. Finally drove 2 hr to the City and picked it up in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top