Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2001 3:26:44 AM EDT
...for the third day. See article and photos at:
[url]http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=84776&contrassID=1&subContrassID=0&sbSubContrassID=0[/url]

Yes, indeed, we do live in 'interesting times' at present.

Eric The('Too'Interesting,Perhaps)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I suppose 'Fracas in Bethlehem' would be more to your liking?[:D]

Eric The(JustGoingWithTheHeadlines,Baby!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#4]
'Ruckus at Manger Square'?

Nope, simply lacks the impact of 'Battle...'

Eric The(Besides,ItAin'tOverYet!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 6:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Note to Palestinians:

Bringing assault rifles to a fight with MBT's is a good way to get dead without delay[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/AoErat/awink.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The pic in the paper this morning shows a Palestinian man chucking rocks with a sling shot @ an Isreali tank.  Must be using those armor piercing explosive rocks.  Wonder where I can get me some of those....
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:42:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's another story from [i]The Jerusalem Post[/i] concerning what's going on in Bethlehem:

[url]http://www.jpost.com/Editions/2001/10/22/News/News.36672.html[/url]

[size=4]Tanzim said firing from churches[/size=4]
By Margot Dudkevitch

JERUSALEM (October 22) - Tanzim in the Bethlehem area purposely shoot from churches and holy sites in an attempt to invite a response that will generate harsh criticism from the international and Christian communities, an Israeli security official said yesterday.

The gunmen now dictate activities in the street as they fiercely compete against each other over who will succeed Atef Abayat, the Tanzim leader killed last Thursday in a car bomb explosion.

"The militias are composed of criminals who rob and rape Christian women and operate in mafia style. For them, leadership means power, money, and Christian women. The violence will continue to escalate as they compete over Abayat's place," the official said.

"As long as the Palestinian Authority continues to turn a blind eye and fails to act to bring about a complete halt to the shooting, the situation will continue."

The 75,000 to 80,000 people who live in Bethlehem, Beit Jala, and Beit Sahur are paying a heavy price, not because of the IDF action but because of the armed Palestinian gunmen, he said.

"A few weeks ago, a Christian who spoke out against the armed Palestinian militias was shot in the head... A Christian family whose daughter was raped by a gang of militiamen was forced to leave its home and uprooted to Amman," he said.

The gunmen's supply of weapons and ammunition is dwindling, but they remain highly motivated.

See url for remainder of story.

Eric The('CityOfDavid'Wow!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:05:46 PM EDT
[#9]
"As long as the Palestinian Authority continues to turn a blind eye and fails to act to bring about a complete halt to the shooting, the situation will continue."

Oh, wrong be dat.  Mr Merkava just might wish to add something to the equation.[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s/contrib/drowned/tank.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Is 'Mr Merkeva' one of the 'chariots' spoken of by King David in Psalms 68:17?
The chariots of God are twenty thousand,
Even thousands of thousands; The Lord is among them as in Sinai, in the Holy Place.
View Quote

Eric The(Hmmmm,CouldBe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The pic in the paper this morning shows a Palestinian man chucking rocks with a sling shot @ an Isreali tank.  Must be using those armor piercing explosive rocks.  Wonder where I can get me some of those....
View Quote

The BATF strictly regulates the purchase and use of armor piercing explosive rocks.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 5:20:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Viva La Israel!!!

Exodus, is PLO leaving or dying!!!

But who am I ???...A Child of JESUS...thats WHO!!!

Semper Fidelis !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top