Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2001 3:48:25 PM EDT
I keep seeing them on the footage they keep playing. I'm no ak guy so bear with me, is that normal for "over there" I thought that dragunov style butthole stocks were for...well you know. I guess these are 7.62x39aks since they have a black metal mag and not that orange bakelite stuff. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are you sure they weren't actual Dragunov's?  I've seen some great footage of Northern Alliance carrying and shooting Russian Dragunov SVD's. Not sure why they would have thumbhole AK's since they can get their hands on the real thing with out too much trouble over there.
View Quote

they werent long like dragunovs and the mags were 30rd banana definitely not big enough for that 7.62xsomething the bigger soviet cartridge (Same as the Mosins right?)
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:21:36 PM EDT
[#4]
They may have been RPK's
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
They have showed alot of footage of Afgans carrying RPKs, they have a buttstock like that, and a box mag underneath, (kinda like a SAW)
I havent seen any AKs with Dragounov stocks on any of the footage though.
I did however see a northern alliance dude with funky blue tape covering the buttstock and handguards of his AK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top