the hell gets written on a bomb ?

Take your "Politcal Correctness" and shove it
where the sun don't shine!

Regards,
A TRUE American
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The text of my e-mail to them:

In response to your organization's complaints about what is being written on the bombs I ask, don't you think that right now is not the time to be so politically correct and petty.  First, in the UK, a 'fag' is a cigarette and that is also what cigarettes were called here for many decades.  These people are at war and your silliness is completely irrelevant at this time.  I don't use the word 'fag' myself and am not a homophobe, as groups like yours like to call anyone who disagrees with you.   For the time being, lighten up and get a life.  We have far more important things to worry about at this time than your sensitivity over a blasted word.  If this concern involved anything more than mere words aimed at a despicable enemy, I would understand your dismay.   The enemy in question would not even allow Ms. Birch to state such an opinion, nor would it support your cause.  In fact, Ms. Birch would be forced to completely cover her entire body and the cause for gays would be destroyed, as would gay persons themselves.  So. lighten up.

I hear gay men call each other 'fag' and 'faggot'  frequently, as I also hear African-Americans call each other 'nigger'.  I don't use any of these words, but why does it seem to be okay for some to say it, but not for others?  It sounds hypocritical and is one reason more people are not sensitive to such things.  We are all way too sensitive to unimportant things in today's world and I would think that what happened on September 11, 2001 would make us all realize that we have far more important matters to deal with than being insulted.  Big deal.

I don't know where your group stands on whether we should retaliate or not, but if complaining about the use of this slur is just your covert way of showing your disapproval and possibly disrupt the morale of those military people in harm's way, then you should be ashamed.  If not, then stop worrying about silly words.  The fact that we are all free to be who we are is due to the military personnel throughout our history being willing to fight for our freedom, so get over it.   Besides, aren't you infringing on other people's First Amendment rights, the freedom of expression.  Groups like yours love to scream about your rights, but to hell with the rights of  everyone who disagrees with you.   If I got upset every time someone insulted me, I would be pretty infantile, as you are being in this matter.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top