Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2001 10:58:59 PM EDT

I will have enough money coming next month to do one of several things ($2500ish)--

1. Buy another .50 (I have a Barrett M82 and a State Arms KC2k now). Can't afford a scope on top of it, but
    that can wait--the gun would likely be a Barrett M99 or AR-50.

2. Get a Sear for my 16" semi FNC (I "have" an 18" full auto FNC, an HK 33 being converted to an HK 53, and
    a MAC 10/.45 now). Or, sell/trade the FNC for a RR M-16 gun (along with the cash, of course).

I do have 2 semi-FNC's right now. The Full Auto's are out of state, transfered to my Brother (I am in school in a
    no-MG state), which is where the full auto would have to go (i.e. I would lock in the price now, but couldn't use it
    for over a year and a half).

Another possibility is to get a .50 and sell one FNC and use the money to pay for a sear for the other one. Or,
    sell/trade both and use the cash and get an M-16. Or, sell one and scrape up the rest (depending on how
    expensive the .50 is) and get a Vector or RR IMI UZI.

The main reason to get an M-16 (as far as I am concerned--since I already have a n 18" full auto FNC and a 10"
    HK 53, and a pistol caliber gun in the MAC, would be to use a Belt Fed upper WHEN they come out. I could just
    as easily get the FNC converted and eventually use it as trade goods towards an M1919). The benefit to the
    Vector/IMI RR gun would be to let me use a .22 conversion kit.

Thanks for any opinions.

AFARR

PS--Ammo, reloading gear, mags, etc. I can piece out over time.  This involves more one large purchase rather than a bunch of little ones.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:03:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Um, you're just trying to make me feel bad, aren't you. [;)]

I really can't help you with suggestions as I am still reeling with green envy.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#2]
a money order with my name on it will do nicely
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#3]
AFARR) Definitley get a Vector UZI.

You are a smart fella, so you probably already know this...
But...

The only reason they are so cheap is the market got temporarily flooded with them after that huge cache of transferrable receivers was auctioned off... 3K is waaaay too cheap for a quality subgun. I wish I had the dough to buy a couple of them.

5-10 years time, those guns will be 10K- Mark my words. I shot one a month ago in Ocala- OUTSTANDING gun....

Plus, FA is in it's last days of being transferrable... Get it while you can, becasue you soon won't be able to.

[s](BTW- How do you score FA in Ilinois?)[/s]
Oh. I read your explination.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#4]
My $0.02  ...and just remember, you asked for it...  [:)]

I know you like the FNC - they're great guns, but they've got two big drawbacks for a shooter.  First, parts are hard to find and expensive, and the supply isn't getting any better.  Second, there's no versatility - you have one gun in one caliber only.  With an M16, for example, you can have several different set-ups in different calibers; lots of versatility.  The HK has the same problems, only worse with parts.  Not that either an FNC or an HK is a bad gun - they're not - but I'd be worried about keeping them running in the long term, especially if you do a lot of shooting.   The M16 may be inferior to both of them in several important respects, but parts are affordable, made in the US (so no parts importation problems), everything is user servicable, and the AR15/M16 has more versatility than just about any other weapon out there.

That said, I'd lose the FNC's.  For what you'd get for the full auto FNC you could get a nice non-Colt M16.  Take your $2500 cash along with another $4500 or so you'd get for the two semiauto FNC's and get a 1919 while you still can.  If I were you, I'd keep the HK though.  I assume the HK is a sear gun, so that sear can go a long way if you get other semiauto HKs in the future.  You can swap the one sear/trigger pack between several different HK weapons and go full-auto in any of them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:41:54 AM EDT
[#5]
McU--
I was thinking on the same lines, or at least the RR IMI gun.  I understand that until the Vector guns hit the market, the UZI's were at least as much as the M-16's were running.  

I do want a belt fed, but want to be sure about the ability to transfer it before I sink that much into another MG.  

Shaggy--
Actually the 53 is a Billistics Push Pin gun.  I  do like the FNC even as a semi-auto.  You are right about the versatility of the M-16, but with a vector UZI, I have the option of a .22 and a .45 conversion kit also.  Parts for the FNC--actually, if you keep your eyes open, there are some small parts available--I just picked up a couple of firing pins--and it is the issue gun of Indonesia, Belgium, and in a modified variant in Sweden--and small parts, pins, etc. are still easily available if you can find a source outside the country.  The HK parts are easier to find, as the HK 53 and MP-5 are standard police guns in this country, and there are people who stock parts for them.   However, you are right on the M-16 being much easier to find parts for if necessary.

Thanks for the suggestions, and please keep them coming.

AFARR
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:45:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey,
how about putting me in your will for the Barrett?
You did have a nasty cough at the pit over labor day. [;)]
I say go for the Class III stuff.  
c-rock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top