Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2001 8:06:35 PM EDT
Thinking about going out to a range and use up a couple thousand rounds. Got a few new guns I need to sight in, too.  Anybody interested in getting together?

Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yo Dave !!

I'm game !!!

UPS is delvering 2000 rounds of Q3131A and a case of 9mm tomorrow...
(Friday)

Anyplace in mind ???
Your range or mine ???

...ART

P.S.
Spoke to Emory a few days ago, and he said maybe another shoot soon at his place...(2 weeks?)
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody else up for it? paspecops? liberty? shaggy? fatty? Anybody new?

New stuff to shoot:

StG-58
CETME
VEPR II
DPMS Panther 16

Must. Find. More. Toys.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
When are you thinking of having this?  If I'm in PA, you can count me in.  I'm a bit short on ammo (and cash), but I think I can scrape up enough to buy a few thousand .22's

BTW - I got a call today - nothing 'till next week.  They're way behind but filling orders as fast as they can make them. [:(!]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#4]
shaggy -

Art and I were talking about this weekend. Saturday or sunday works for me, but we hadn't picked a day. We'll probably head out to a rang ein his part of the state.

Your welcome to grab a train down to Trenton and have me pick you up.  The station there is only 15 minutes from my house in PA (I used to do the daily NYC commute). You're equally welcome to shoot my toys if you don't want to head down to Delco to get yours. Though mine use ammo at a slower pace [:)]

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm near Allentown. Depending on time I'd be willing to go.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Speaking of Allentown, there's a gun show at the Agricultural Hall on Saturday and Sunday (10/20-21) if anyone would like to meet up and shoot the bull, as it were.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Crap, I'm out.

I was going to bum a ride out of the city tomorrow (saturday)morning with my brother in law, but his plans changed and now I'm stuck.  If I had the cash, I'd just hop the train, but money is pretty tight for me right now (no luck, still job hunting...)
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:02:23 AM EDT
[#8]
 HEY!!!   GUYS!!!  IT'S  ME!!
 gimme a couple of weeks to get the bbackstop built, and come on out.  No FA this time, have been visited by the PSP a couple of times for noise complaints, so semi only.  I'd sure like to see everyone again.....EW
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#9]

i probably count as new. and i'd definitely like to shoot with you guys some time.

i'm more central pennsylvania, but getting to the SE shouldn't be a problem. can't do anything this weekend though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Well heck!!

If you're only 15 minutes from Trenton, I might as well show up & turn some money into smoke with youse guys.  I've got an ugly-as-sin, 80% receiver based 16 incher that needs to have a red dot mounted & sighted in.  Could also bring an M1 Garand if anyody's interested.  

Where are you located?  I'm just the other side of Trenton.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#11]
DavidC,

I live very close to trenton/Philly here in NJ and would love to show up somewhere to shoot and meet some other members.

Would also consider allentown for the Gunshow. Need some more goodies.

Either/Or.....I'm game..let me know

can email me at [email protected]

If shootin, I'd be bringin the AR10 ! ;-)

Erik

Big "E"
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm in Washington Crossing. just over the I-95 bridge in PA.

Maybe posting this on Friday wasn't such a good idea [:)] Turns out I'm only free Saturday this weekend. Perhaps we should just set up something for Saturday 10/27 or Sunday 10/28?

Seems like there are enough folks in the SE corner of the state (or general area) to make it worthwhile to find a place around here to shoot. Art's range sounds good, but he's out closer to Reading (which is not prohibitively far).

Maybe the gunshow is best for this weekend; stock up on targets and the like.

Comments? Suggestions? Pointless remarks?

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 12:45:12 PM EDT
[#14]
DavidC,

I'll check out the Gun Show on Sat. LEt me know what time youre gonna be there, we'll bullshit. It'll be me and the wifers.

You'll see us, just look for the 250lb tan bodybuilder (show in two weeks) and the hottest chick at the place, haha, thats us.

email at [email protected] if need be.

I'll be stocking up until the chevy trucks suspension is bottoming !

[heavy]       [kill]

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#15]
BigFukenE-

Unless something comes up, I'll be at the show when it opens. I'll be driving a very loud red & black Trans Am. If you're looking for me at the show I'm 6'4", 300# (ex-football player build) and look like a larger, angrier Jerry Garcia. (Grey hair, ponytail, glasses).
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 3:47:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in. Where ever, when ever.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 4:57:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The 29th looks good for me. I'm just on the West side of Reading. Gotta get a new Comp zeroed on the Bushie and my 870 this Sat.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
 HEY!!!   GUYS!!!  IT'S  ME!!
 gimme a couple of weeks to get the bbackstop built, and come on out.  No FA this time, have been visited by the PSP a couple of times for noise complaints, so semi only.  I'd sure like to see everyone again.....EW
View Quote

paspecops,
Sure don't want to miss your next shindig after what I heard about the last one.

You guys mind if I bring blackpowder guns? I've got one with a bayonet... [}:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 5:48:36 PM EDT
[#20]
How about Art's range near Reading next Saturday or Sunday? I believe there is a fee involved, but Art can provide more details.

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:23:20 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm in Bethlehem with my Dissipator. Game for anything around fellas.

Where is the Agricultural Hall in Allentown.  Do you have a street address and the times of the show?
Go Go Go

[shotgun]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Uh-oh...

Timing is real bad for me right now...
Only day I'm available, is this Sunday afternoon...
Tomorrow morning (Sat) I've got to go to Maple Grove Dragstrip for a flea market, so I can sell a bunch of crap...Later in the afternoon, I 'gotta go in to work for a couple hours.
Sunday morning, I 'gotta go back in to work for a few hours, but will probably be available from 10AM on...

Next weekend (11/3-4) I'll be in Minnesota delivering my race car I just sold yesterday...

The following weekend, I'll be spending some of that $$$ at the Fort Washington gunshow...

So, in other words, Sunday (10/21) is the ONLY day I can get you guys to my range...
Only problem that may result is things might get a little crowded...
There's only 4 covered shooting benches, and max distance is 100 yards...
Rules are very LOOSE...
Only rule is no full auto...(sorry Shaggy)
No limit on rate of semi-fire, and no mag limit...I've "bumpfired" there a few times, but was "told" about it, and haven't done it since...    
There is NO FEE involved at all...
I only ask that you guys "join" the club as a courtesy...
You can mail in the application later on...

Cost is $15 per year, and there is a one time initiation fee of $10...
Think you can afford that ?

I am a member there, and I am one of three guys that are in charge of the rifle range part of the club...
We've been talking about putting together a few rifle shoots throughout the year, but never seem to get around to it...  
Maybe I'll just shut down the range for the day and have a little "private party shoot"
If I shut down the range for you guys, then I better collect some new members to cover my ass...
You guys catch my drift ?
Cash or Checks are fine...
Name of the club is:
"Daniel Boone Rod & Gun Club"
It's on Dautrich Rd. in Reading, PA
It's a non-profit organization...
$25 is all you'll need....

Anybody wants detailed directions, drop me an [email protected]

David C...
176N to 422E to 1st exit, Left onto Neversink Rd, 3rd light turn L onto 422W (business) go to 4th light (BIG gunstore) turn HARD right (RT562), down steep hill to 2nd light, turn Left onto Butter Lane, go about 1.5 miles to Dautrich Rd on Right, up Dautrich to top of hill...Daniel Boone Rod & Gun is on the left...

Anybody else, from Philly area, just pick up 422 business into Reading/Mt. Penn, look for the BIG GUNSTORE, and follow the rest of the directions...
Anybody thats coming please E-mail me so I can prepare accordingly...

This Sunday is the ONLY day I'll be able to put this together, otherwise It will be a couple weeks 'till I can do it again...

...ART
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#23]
...Forgot to mention...

If you guys decide to shoot my range up, you can shoot at just about anything, as long as it doesn't burn, explode or richochet...
Cans, milkjugs, balloons, bowling pins...whatever, just as long as we pick up the mess afterwards...
No tracers either, tire pile might light up...
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Art - The only time I CAN'T make it is this Sunday afternoon [:(]

dickiev - Agricultural Hall is at 17th and Chew in Allentown 9-5 Saturday, 9-2 Sunday.

Damn. I'd really like to get a good group together before the really cold weather hits.

paspecops - anything we can do to help?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Art -

I just realized that you're missing a weekend

This weekend is the 20/21, next is the 27/28, then 11/3-4, then the Ft. Washington show 10/11

Are you available in there somewhere?

Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:26:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Art -

I just realized that you're missing a weekend

This weekend is the 20/21, next is the 27/28, then 11/3-4, then the Ft. Washington show 10/11

Are you available in there somewhere?

View Quote

OOPS!!!
I guess I missed that 27/28 weekend...
I get all screwed up if I don't have a calender in front of me...

Either day that weekend will work fine for me...Nothing planned at all...
If you guys decide to come up to Daniel Boone, there should be enough room for everybody.
We'll just have to line up and shoot from in front of the covered benches...
If folks have too much stuff to carry by hand, they can drive back the dirt lane to the range, drop their gear, and return their car to the parking lot...
Bring a chair or blanket to sit on, everything is either dirt, grass, or gravel.
A folding table for your gear would be a good idea too...
No vehicles are allowed on the range...(unless handicapped)
They must stay in the lot...

We also have beer and soda in the clubhouse fridge...
beer is a $1 "donation"
soda is $.50
Sorry, no food...

If we decide to do this at Daniel Boone, I'll make sure the range is shutdown so we have it all to ourselves...

October 27th or 28th...
You guys decide & lemme know...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Let me toss in a "commercial" while we're at it.  My club in NJ, Citizens' Rifle & Revolver Club [url]http://uweb.superlink.net/donw/crrc/crrc.htm[/url] is having an open house in the last Sunday of October and the first Sunday of Nov.  That's 28 Oct & 4 Nov.  I'll be running our mini-rifle range: 100 yards through a 36" sewer pipe.  I'll have a Garand, couple of AR variations, another guy's M14 of some sort & maybe a hunting rifle & a slug gun (TBD).  We'll be shooting at clay pidgeons hanging on the target frames to win frozen turkeys.  Also handguns, air pistols/rifles and indoor .22 rifles.  In the past, we've had a wild west show, fire trucks and falcon flying (by our club pres).

I'll be tied up those two days, but if anybody wants to come out it's great fun.  Burgers, etc on the grill.  Map & directions linked from the club page.  Times from noon to dark.
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]
BTT^^^^^^

Any suggestions ???

Anybody interested ???

Pretty sure we'll see myself, Grundsau, and DaveC there...

Any and all are welcome...If anybody else knows of a bigger better range, feel free to chime-in...

Keep in mind, my range will let you USE, and FILL your 30round mags...100round Beta-C's too !!!

No "rate of fire" limits either, just don't get carried away and "bumpfire"...
...It's frowned upon.

Makes no difference where we shoot, I have all weekend free...

ART
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:30:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How about Art's range near Reading next Saturday or Sunday? I believe there is a fee involved, but Art can provide more details.

View Quote

There is no "fee", but the club is a private club...
Meaning 1 or 2 guests per member. I've got enough buddies that are members to cover everyone that comes, but membership has been down the last few years, and we'd like to see some new people sign up... if everyone "joins" the club, they can return anytime they want, and bring guests...

It's only $15 a year + a $10 initiation fee...

It's more than worth it just to be able to shoot your "black rifle" without a mag limit or rate of fire limit...(Just no FA stuff)

I live a 1/4 mile down the road from this range, and I visit sometimes several times a week...

This is a great area to live in...
I've got a gun club (Daniel Boone), a dragstrip (Maple Grove), and a full nudity strip joint(Al's Diamond Caberet) all within a 15 minute ride of each other...Pocono is 1.5 hours away...

Life is good...
Link Posted: 10/21/2001 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#30]
ragraceart wrote:
I've got a gun club (Daniel Boone), a dragstip (Maple Grove), and a full nudity strip joint(Al's Diamond Caberet) all within a 15 minute ride of each other...
View Quote

Now that sounds like a good agenda for a AR15.com event!

I need to check with the spousal unit as to the schedule for next weekend. I'm sure I can free up 1 day, just not sure yet which one.

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 6:54:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I will make it to the Allentown show on Sunday maybe Sat afternoon if I can fit it in. As for shooting rnages I am in a wheelchair so if someone can keep me in mind I would appreciate it.

I went to Al's Diamond Caberat a few months ago. Now I am not a prick about businesses being up to code and all that 5hit but AL is a DICK HEAD! His bathroom had no handicap stall and he would not find me any place private to cath. my self (which is all I need). So I had to catherize myself in front of a bunch of horny drunk guys. It was humiliating to say the least. I do not enjoy mutilating myself in front of people. One guy watched me do it (after I asked him not to) and almost barfed on me. I guess he couldn't handle it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Where did everybody go ???
Did I scare everyone away with the hint of a fee...

I only "suggested" signing up with the club...
If you don't want to, you don't have to...
Makes NO difference to me...  

It would be a whole lot easier to close the range down to others, if we generated new members from a rifle shoot...
Either way we can still use the range...I'll just shut it down for a few hours, then re-open it later in the day...
If it's too crowded, we can go a few miles up the road, and shoot at a small abandoned quarry on public land...(NO RULES)

If we're gonna do this, we should get rolling with it SOON...  

Sunday is the best day for the quarry, either Sat or Sun is fine at the gun club...
Link Posted: 10/25/2001 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I will make it to the Allentown show on Sunday maybe Sat afternoon if I can fit it in. As for shooting rnages I am in a wheelchair so if someone can keep me in mind I would appreciate it.
View Quote

Steve...
You can drive right on up to the range, and park your chair at the end of the benches, between the rifle, and pistol benches...
Only thing is, the grade is pretty steep, and irregular leading up to the shooting area.
Once up, it's pretty hard and flat...
I'm not aware of your abilities, or how well you can get around, so I'd think it would be a good Idea to bring a helper, or just meet up with one of us when you arrive...
I'm sure any one of us would be more than happy to assist you...
The gun club is the only place that is easily accessible by wheelchair...
The old quarry where we sometimes go, is out of the question for anything on wheels...It's a good 15 minute hike back in the woods, down trails and over a locked cable...
It's a pain in the ass even on foot...

If you want to shoot at Daniel Boone, we will accomodate, and see to it that you leave with a sore shoulder and smelling of gunpowder...

Sunday would probably be best for us guys that are already members...

We will get everyone in and shooting...
I think half the guys I see there arent members anyway...
Nobody has EVER asked to see my membership card...  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top