Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/18/2001 7:13:11 AM EDT
I realize this suject has been beaten to death and then its dead body was severaly beaten. But I know to that Goatboy said the count was coming back [i]by popular demand[/i].
When?!?!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot of people wanted it gone...what was the final decision?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]

[b]HOPEFULLY NEVER![/b]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:14:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I would be interested in hearing about dat too.

1312 Posts
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#4]

But I know to that Goatboy said the count was coming back by popular demand.
View Quote

He lied...
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:21:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#6]
There were some people that wanted it gone. But it think it was obvious the larger, dare I even say, overwhelming majority did and do want it back. GB said he was putting it back. I know he is busy and that running a site is no easy task. I'm just asking when he thinks it will be back.
For what it is worth based on post count alone I am a relative newbie even though I was on the old site long ago. So I am not asking to increase my own ego by showing off a large post count. but I do like to know whom I am talking to and the post count does help that.

antiUSSA, it comes as no surprise that you hope it never comes back in spite of the fact that most people do want it back. The opinions of the members have never been of any concern to you.
(My obligitory cheap shot at anti to balance those he likes to take at me without provocation.)
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you GB. I was typing as you were and did not see your post until I submitted mine.
I know what a PIA running a site can be and was just curious.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#8]
GB,

I was only kidding.....[:)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:40:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, no labels of "junior" or "senior" we should all be known just as "member" is'nt that how a collective should be ?? no one should be made to feel inferior or less than whole in the collective. Might I suggest that instead of the label of "member" we use the more fitting term of "comrade" so we can all feel as one and not hurt anyones feelings.
All together now.....Kumbaya
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#12]
GB...you mean no more rank structure?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes, no labels of "junior" or "senior" we should all be known just as "member" is'nt that how a collective should be ?? no one should be made to feel inferior or less than whole in the collective. Might I suggest that instead of the label of "member" we use the more fitting term of "comrade" so we can all feel as one and not hurt anyones feelings.
All together now.....Kumbaya
View Quote

Resistance is futile. Your ass will be lamenated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:55:59 AM EDT
[#14]
(My obligitory cheap shot at anti to balance those he likes to take at me without provocation.)
View Quote

You drew first blood here, so I'll finish this one, here and now...

[blue]The only issue with post counts, is that some of [b]YOU[/b] are too damn stupid to understand that they are still 103% visible, when clicking on a viewers profile![/blue]

It has been stated in EVERY single "Post Count" thread that they are still there, and where to find them, but some folks still want to bitch about it...  [i][u]and to think that we actually support the rights of some of you to own firearms![/u][/i] [rolleyes]

By displaying them at all times, all it does is create more headaches and confusion, with everyone "racing" to get there first.

I propose that if something is to be debated upon, then in order to be a voting member, you must also be a paid member and have that little icon under your name...  all others need NOT apply!

[red][b]BTW:  I'm fully aware that I will take a lot of heat for this post, but so-f'ing-what[/b][/red]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

[blue]The only issue with post counts, is that some of [b]YOU[/b] are too damn stupid to understand that they are still 103% visible, when clicking on a viewers profile![/blue]

It has been stated in EVERY single "Post Count" thread that they are still there, and where to find them, but some folks still want to bitch about it...  [i][u]and to think that we actually support the rights of some of you to own firearms![/u][/i] [rolleyes]

By displaying them at all times, all it does is create more headaches and confusion, with everyone "racing" to get there first.

I propose that if something is to be debated upon, then in order to be a voting member, you must also be a paid member and have that little icon under your name...  all others need NOT apply!

[red]BTW:  I'm fully aware that I will take a lot of heat for this post, but so-fing-what[/red]
View Quote

Not going to draw any heat from me.  I am thinking exactly what you just typed.  I really don't give a fuck how many posts I or anyone else has.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Careful GWIGG, you're going to be accused of being one of my "[i]ass kissing butt buddies[/i]" by making a post like that!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Careful GWIGG, you're going to be accused of being one of my "[i]ass kissing butt buddies[/i]" by making a post like that!
View Quote

And I don't give a fuck what they think about that either!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:20:47 AM EDT
[#18]
As GB has already said, the post count spawned too many posts like "Rack up your post count". These posts did nothing except waste bandwidth. The final decision will be made by GoatBoy.

Gunslinger, you made some good points in your position, [b]but[/b] your comments directed toward antiUSSA was uncalled for.  I ask that you edit that part of your post out. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Sheesh, simmer down timmy, Personally, I could care less if there is a post count or not but then why have a "member since" post either ?? It is wrong anyway, I was here long before it says I was.
You also mentioned "headaches and confusion" and "racing to get there first" How so?? to the first part,... and to get where first ??
As to the notion that there should be certain "rights and priveleges" that go with being a member, AGREED !!! It was suggested at one time that there be a members only forum but that got shot down. I think that would be a great idea.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Hold that thought Spectre. It hasn't been shot down yet.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

[red][b]BTW:  I'm fully aware that I will take a lot of heat for this post, but so-f'ing-what[/b][/red]
View Quote

One thing I have noticed in my short time on this board is that if you are a moderator or staff you can talk to anyone any way you damn well please. I have to wonder if some of this stuff would be said with the same intensity face to face. Well anyway you already banned one of my accounts anti, and to this day I don't understand the reason behind that, so as bad as I want to tell you exactly what I think of your comments, I won't give you any reason to ban another one. That is kind of how the regulars guys who might have an opinion on something are held in check around here. Go ahead ban me. I really don't care as I was kind of pissed off yesterday when GB started jumping all over people for just having a little fun. I thought this was General Discussion. If I want real information I will go to that particular area. Well this had been building up for a while and I needed to vent. If you ban me no problem. If you don't I'll be around. Later.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:01:25 AM EDT
[#22]
[b]OLYARMS415:[/b] I have only ever permanetly banned 2 accounts, and I do NOT believe yours was one of them!

Feel free to email me, and I'll look into it for you...

Also, you will see that I have not taken any action towards [s]"MudSlinger"[/s] "GunSlinger", but rather  tossed the facts back in his face!

He acknowledged firsthand, that he was beating a very dead horse from the start, and then proceded to jump on ME for absolutely no reason!

Comments..?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:32:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Don R, I made the remark to anti jokingly in reference to the times he likes to take cheap shots at my for no reason. He choose to respond by being a prick. This comes as no surprise considering the source.
Even though I as saying it jokingly anti just proved again that he does not care about the members and considers himself better than them and not held accountable to the rules here. It is appearant based on your post that you to do not think he should be held to the same standards as a lowly member.
No, I do not think I will be editing my post in any way. Perhaps you should suggest he edit his since in it he insulted damn near everyone on the board that has mentioned or supportered the return of the post count.

anti, we all know that it can be located by clicking on the members profile. What part of pain in the ass do you fail to understand? We know they bright boy. We don't like having to do it every damn time we would like to know. How many times do one of us have to tell you that for you to figure it out?
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:47:37 AM EDT
[#26]
All of you guys with the sexy tushies are just alike....repressing the rest of us with big ol' phat hairy tushies.[:D][:D][:D] (There, I put smileys in.)
I would have done the same with the post above but was not expecting Timmy to over react as he did. In retrospect it should not have came as any surprise. [now, where is that cute little "kiss my ass antiUSSA but I'm only calling them like I see them" smiley?][;)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:53:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 11:58:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:04:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Hey old man, you get me something nice for my B-Day??? You know I look good in a 300 WinMag... or perhaps in something sexy like a Bushmaster... Did I mention what a great present an M249 Full Auto makes??? [}=)]
View Quote

MMmmmm, I thought goat want AK ???  wha' happen ??[;)]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Goat- If you get a 300, i'll give you my load for 125 grainers.

Lasers dude. Absolute lasers....
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:18:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Really dude. Screw that crap.
Mouseguns are fun, but big guns kick ass.

Get the 300. I put off my CETME purchase to get another one.
Dude, just get a HOWA .300. You can get them for like $400, and they wil shoot Sub-MOA.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Gunslinger ([i]and staff members[/i]), check your email!
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:37:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:07:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:08:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:10:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Gunslinger ([i]and staff members[/i]), check your email!
View Quote

Check yours. I'm sure you will know what to do with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Date registered is 100X better, especially when dealing in the exchange.

Hell. I've racked up 250+ posts in the last week (I hate not being a "Senior Member" when I no doubt have more posts than anyone here)- But seeing when someone registered tells how long they have been around- where the post count only tells you how many times they posted.
Like I said.
I've posted more in the last week than most people post in a year- so I like the Registered date better than the post count.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#47]
ANYWAYS,...it`s IRREGARDLESS...and IRRELEVANT...!.......[stick]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top