Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2001 5:10:14 PM EDT
I have heard there are a few departments in CA that will give of CC permits. Does anyone know where? Does anyone he in CA have a permit? Thanx
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:27:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have one. The friendly areas are all in Northern CA -

it's called Orygun.

NMSight
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The sheriff of Orange County, Mike Carona, ran for office saying he would issue CCW permits. He was elected in 1998, but by the end of 1999, when I moved out, he still hadn't done anything about it. Who knows? He may have started by now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh well then I'll just quit law school and move. Thanx NMSight [>:/]

Jarhead Thank you for the responce.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Humboldt County, perhaps Del Norte and Mendocino Counties. Those are the only ones I know of. If you are looking for them find the Southern Oregon coast and look straight down. I wonder if Perata(sp?) and Feinstein, et.al. would mind if the gun-loving true Northern California was annexed by Oregon. Think of how many fewer gunowners they'd have then!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:28:22 PM EDT
[#5]
My friend lives in Ukiah.  Says they are pretty easy to get there.  The DA also said that if you kill and intruder, they wont look to hard as to whether you were in imminent danger or not.  If only Northern California would become its own state.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone know about CoCo County?
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:46:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone know about CoCo County?
View Quote

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Unless, of course, if you contributed large amounts to the Sherrifs campaign fund.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Kern County has one of the highest issuance rates in the state.  Bakersfield is the county seat.  Bakersfield PD isn't quite as generous.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Unless, of course, if you contributed large amounts to the Sherrifs campaign fund.
View Quote

Shit, can't I just take him out to lunch or something. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Madera Co. is VERY friendly toward CCW's as well as Mariposa. Hell Mariposa Co. does not require its residence to smog thier cars!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Culver City.  Has always been one of the most considerate of PD's in Calif.  Probably due to the motion picture industry there.  Yes, movie moguls and stars, dispite what they preach, want to feel protected..
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The sheriff of Orange County, Mike Carona, ran for office saying he would issue CCW permits. He was elected in 1998, but by the end of 1999, when I moved out, he still hadn't done anything about it. Who knows? He may have started by now.
View Quote

Nope!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:42:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Color me unsurprised.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys remember that guy Fong (?) that died trying to protect his family? He lived in the Bay Area and had a CCW. How the hell did he get one????? I want one too damnit!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Orange County sheriff Mike Corona wrote an article about CCW in the October CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc. (CRPA) newsletter. Sorry, there doesn't appear to be an online version. Some stats he gave in the article are:

"There were 308 active CCWs in OC when he assumed office in '99, now there are 760.

524 of these were new issues, 226 were renewals, and 68 expired without application for renewal.

520 applications were submitted and no permit issued. 406 were rejected for cause, and 114 lapsed due to other various reasons."

Looks like you have a roughly 50% chance in OC. Probably the best for any coastal county in Kali.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:35:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You guys remember that guy Fong (?) that died trying to protect his family? He lived in the Bay Area and had a CCW. How the hell did he get one????? I want one too damnit!!!
View Quote

See my post about contributing to the Sheriff.  He was a big contributer to Richard Rainey when he was sheriff.  There is a person in coco who is suing the sheriff under equal protection, but I doubt it will go anywhere.  I used to have his web page but I lost it when my computer took a crap on me.  All the Hollywood people are "honorary" sheriffs so get to carry.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Orange County sheriff Mike Corona wrote an article about CCW in the October CA Rifle and Pistol Assoc. (CRPA) newsletter. Sorry, there doesn't appear to be an online version. Some stats he gave in the article are:

"There were 308 active CCWs in OC when he assumed office in '99, now there are 760.

524 of these were new issues, 226 were renewals, and 68 expired without application for renewal.

520 applications were submitted and no permit issued. 406 were rejected for cause, and 114 lapsed due to other various reasons."

Looks like you have a roughly 50% chance in OC. Probably the best for any coastal county in Kali.
View Quote

I can second this finding. Sherriff Corona's plan was to increase CCW issuance by 500 a year. That's not much by TX standards, but by CA, where it is not a shall issue state, that is a freakin lot.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:09:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is a Calif. Sheriff that is openly CCW friendly

[url]http://www.tehamaso.org/ccw.htm [/url]

Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Gunplay,

You are most welcome! However, I believe that in your haste to act like a lawyer you overlooked some obvious plusses to my subtle suggestion that you move.

1. We may be "backards" up here, but we do have law school. One that comes to mind is at U of O.

2. It is situated in beautiful downtown Eugene; affectionally known here as the Peoples Republic of Eugene - you'd feel right at home, except that..

3. You would be about 25 minutes from Albany Rifle & Pistol Club where, for a nominal fee, you could participate in everything from informal plinking to the full-auto shoots.

Your decision.

Cordially,
NMSight  
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I didn't mean to be a dick but I'm really frustrated with the lack of CC in THIS state! I was born here, I go to school here, and all my family is here.I would like to be able to defend my self here.

Sorry for being short.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:21:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, I have CCW, Ventura County. Southern California.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Placer Co also...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top