Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2001 1:09:01 PM EDT
I don't know JS about computer innards so......... My computer has a DVD-Rom drive & I want to run a line to my TV so I can watch DVD movies on a bigger screen. Do I need a video card with output jacks?? If so which is better & would I need anything else? If not what do I need? TIA ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:16:20 PM EDT
Check the back of your computer. Some video cards will already have the jacks right there. Might have RCA and a S-Video. Or some RCA jacks. Just spin the box around and take a look. If you need more info, e-mail me. I do this for a living. Av.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 1:53:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/17/2001 1:47:53 PM EDT by Cereal-Killer]
If your video card doesn't have an S-Video out you can still add a decoder card that does. Creative Labs has one for $80 [url]http://www.americas.creative.com/products/product.asp?Product=54[/url]
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 4:35:16 AM EDT
BTT ColtShorty GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
Top Top