Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2001 5:27:22 AM EDT
Well, I am now, for the first time in a long while, scared about losing my job. I normally don't post on the board while at work but, I am pretty shaken by this...[V] (In case you didn't guess, I work here) Don't really know why I posted this... I guess I just needed to go where "good" people are for some comfort.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:28:58 AM EDT
That sucks FmJunkie! Truley. My thoughts are with you, good luck. (Just try to put it in perspective though, ok?)
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:37:06 AM EDT
Thanks Hielo. In my search for a positive spin on all this, I came up with this way of thinking: I would get a decent severance package (a few months of pay and my last bonus which equates to another few months of salary). I could then spend a few months of real quality time with my now 8 month old son before going back out into the world. In any event, I will have lost my job and not my life like some people I know and worked with. Of course, I could get lucky and the SHTF/apocalypse day comes before unemployment runs out...[;)]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:47:20 AM EDT
A link to the story if you're interested: [url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/643891.asp?0dm=C226B[/url]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:50:47 AM EDT
hang in there, FMJunkie! all of wall atreet is nervous, some firms more than others, but so you know, i am in the same (MUCH SMALLER) boat. good luck!
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 5:55:22 AM EDT
Thanks fattym4, You know what other positive thing would come out of this? LOTS o' dry fire and hold-over practice! Just have to keep away from the cheetos all day or I'll have blaze orange guns...
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 11:30:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FMJunkie: I would get a decent severance package (a few months of pay and my last bonus which equates to another few months of salary). I could then spend a few months of real quality time with my now 8 month old son before going back out into the world. In any event, I will have lost my job and not my life like some people I know and worked with.
View Quote
I hope you signed a contract with a severance package clause in it, otherwise they don't have to give you squat. I found that out the hard way after working 11 years for the same company.
Link Posted: 10/18/2001 1:45:49 AM EDT
Check your e-mail, FMJunkie!
Top Top