Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/16/2001 10:58:32 PM EDT
I wanted a little advice, if the SHTF, I have two only a sad little 2 longarms. A Bulgarian SLR-95 and a Mossberg 500, Which one would you suggest I put my sister in charge of? The shotgun is better for a lesser aim, and shorter distances, but the AK is better for less reloading, she is 20yrs old and I am sure she could handle the recoil, I am not sure about her aim and the ability to be aware of what is behind her target, seeing as how the 763x39 is quite the penetrator.
Link Posted: 10/16/2001 11:08:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/16/2001 11:02:36 PM EDT by Master_Blaster]
.223 cal. is probably a better option for the fairer breed, by comparison. However, I've seen many a fine femme shoot .30 cal w/o a wimper, so I can't discount giving her that option. Shotguns? I dunno. Probably the best thing to do is take her to the range and let her try out both, so she can decide. I'm gonna guess that heavier scattergun loads may be a bit much for her, compared to the AK. But, you gotta let her have a go, if just for the sheer experience. She'll know which one suits her style. [heavy][USA]
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:44:00 AM EDT
Nobody should shy away from using a 12ga. My daughter (16 yrs now) has been using one for years. Anyone who has a problem with recoil isn't using it the right way. It is the ultimate point and shoot weapon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 8:43:00 PM EDT
Unless she becomes familiar with one, I'd say teach her how to load magazines and keep you loaded. A newbie with a 12 guage can be a scary and dangerous thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2001 10:32:07 PM EDT
I am single and would be more than willing to help her out.
Top Top