Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 7:46:45 AM EDT

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1017048711[/url]

is there something special about these parts? is something in there hard to find, or questionably legal by ebay standards?

can't you normally buy an entire AR lower parts kit for less than that high bid?
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
ebay = anti-gun; don't patronize them. Use AuctionArms or something similar.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:...can't you normally buy an entire AR lower parts kit for less than that high bid?
View Quote

Correct.  You can buy a COMPLETE set of BRAND-NEW parts for less than $60 any time.

Those are probably "white elephant" fire control parts that someone got with an M16 rifle parts kit, like the ones TAPCO, Century, etc. are selling.

I could have done that with mine, but instead found a fellow ar15.com reader who would swap me some other parts for the ones I don't want to have around my house.

I second the motion to stay away from eBay.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a guy on there a few days ago that bid $300.00 on a M16 carrier.

I e-mailed him and educated him on the price of these and he was amazed at what they could be had for.

I think people just don't have a clue as to how readily available these parts are. They think since it's M16 parts that they are a rare find.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#4]
E-bay SUCKS...just my opinion....butt you do find the occasional deal there if you have the time to browse.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:40:44 AM EDT
[#5]
thats why sometimes I love ebay.... there are so many idiots there its not even funny... people would pay too much money, even more than retail. Its a great place to make money if you do it right, its also a place to find great deals on stuff too if you do it right... (most the time they will set "buy it now" at or above retail price... just to wait for some schmuk to click on it...)
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 8:56:04 AM EDT
[#6]
If you ever need to make extra cash, pack some stripper clips and a spoon and Ebay them..I couldn't believe the ridiculous bids people were making.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#7]
E-Bay allows firearms parts except for receivers and probably parts kits that look like guns.

E-Bays people have a great amount of legroom in deleting auctions. I have seen auctions for cap guns deleted because the title sounded like it was a real gun. Generally they scan the titles for guns, etc.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't forget magazines over 10 rounds capacity.  Apparently illegal according to Ebay....[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I swear, I really do need to put my Tromix up for bid there.

[size=5]M16/AR15 50 CAL UPPER!  RARE![/size=5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#10]
i need to buy me a tapco parts kit and sell what i dont need on ebay [:D]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll tell you what sucks is how E-Bay is so paranoid about the 10 round deal.  Everyone knows that those banana clips listed as 10 round mags are actually 30's.  The problem I had was when I placed a bid on a 10 round Enfield mag.  Before the auction ended, they closed it saying the auction violated their policy against hi cap mags.  I sent them a nasty e-mail informing them that magazines for Enfield bolt action rifles come in 5 and 10 round types only.  To my knowledge there is no such thing as a hi cap mag for an Enfield rifle.  I know for a fact the one I was bidding on was not hi cap.  I told them how uninformed they were and that they needed to do a little more research instead of harassing their customers who are complying with their ridiculous policies.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 12:33:19 PM EDT
[#12]
i was wondering about the usgi mags on ebay. the sure like like 30's. but the descriptions say "10 round as per ebay rules".

is it even possible to make a 30 a 10 in an easy way? i think bushmaster was cutting them for a while. but that's not what i mean.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]
That was the way people were getting around the Ebay rule of NO Hi-caps.  You sell a 30rd mag ans either call it a 7" magazine, or a 10rd mag that takes 3 stripper clips to load....
Those are the two most seen descriptions for selling hi-caps.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top