Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2001 6:19:55 AM EDT
watched O'Reilly the other night; guests were the knuckleheads from United Way. he was challenging the organization to give the money they collected to the victims, but they said all they provide is SERVICES!! can u believe that shit?? so who gets the money?  other organizations havent given up the cash either! these people need help and i, for one, would like to know how they spent the money i donated! goddamnit! is everyone just out to screw everyone else?????
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:30:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:49:20 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:45:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Salvation Army, Red cross, maybe the local food bank are some of the good ones. United way really sucks.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#4]
United Way is the biggest bunch of criminals this side of the Mafia.

Wasn't their president convicted of embezzlement a couple of years back?  They've also had numerous other "accounting irregularities" cited in other court cases.

When I was a young, struggling, naive college student, the hospital I worked in strong-armed me into giving 10% of my net paycheck to United Way.  I was told I had to be a "team player"

Over $900 Million dollars raised so far and the vast majority of victims families have received NOT ONE CENT.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 9:55:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been wondering about this lately too. I have stopped giving money to everyone who asks. Actually, I've given money only to AR15.com Fund, Policeman's Benevolent Association in NY, and the Fireman's fund. I would like to see an accounting of all the money given. This is an area ripe for scam artists. Stores are putting out cans for collections, businesses all over are asking people to still donate money through them. And what about the banks. If they wind up with no place to send the money collected I'm sure they have a way to be able to keep it.
WSmac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top