Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/14/2001 5:44:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/14/2001 5:47:33 PM EDT by LARRYG]
I saw one at a 'tupperware party for criminals' yesterday for about $20-30 more than some Jennings and Phoenix POS's. I went ahead and got it. I chose .22 since I have a shiite load of .22 for my AR7 and don't want to keep up with another caliber. What do y'all think of it as a backup in the back pocket, or in a boot, etc? I figure I can trust a Taurus, as opposed to some other brands of .22 autos. It shoots .22LR and I loaded it with hollow points.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:01:21 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:07:45 PM EDT
You need to pour some ammo through it to make sure of function and whichever load you choose for defensive purposes verify it's function as well. I would rather be armed with a .22 than not armed at all. .22's can be quite lethal because they have a nasty habit of bouncing around inside of their target.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:20:02 PM EDT
I've had one of these for quite a few years, maybe ten. It stays in the console when I on the road, in my pocket when I need a small carry pistol. I try to shoot it about twice a year; took it out to the range today, oddly enongh. I like the DAO format for something like that...reduces chance of an accidental discharge. I keep mine loaded with high velocity hollow points and can only remember one or two misfeeds in the time I've had it. And I think those were first round on a fully loaded mag. (I keep mine with one round less than max in the mag and one in the chamber/safey on.) My eyes are not good and groups at 7 yards are 5-6 inches, closer to 10-12 with rapid fire. But I suspect this would be quite sufficient. Quality and durability are very good.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 10:08:04 PM EDT
Good little gun, just be careful of what you feed it. I carry CCI Stingers in mine but practice with standard .22's. I kaboomed mine with some of that hot Aguila stuff. It split the slide just under the tip up part on the barrel. I got a nasty note back from the factory saying not to use hyper velosity ammo in it.
Top Top