Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2001 4:59:52 AM EDT
I have a local guy wanting to make an in-state "transfer" of this model into my possession.  Does anyone have any experience with this particular configuration?  My other bushies have always been great performers.  Thanks in advance.

toast
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 6:47:41 AM EDT
[#1]
ummm, anyone?

toast
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen them for sale in the Dallas area for around $750 retail.  This was a NIB 16" flat top v match carbine.

I have nothing but praise for Bushmaster quality.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]
That's the model with the full length float tube, right?

They look interesting, but what's the point?

I'm sure they would perform as well as any Bushy, but what advantage do they offer?
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Fight4yourrights, I guess the advantage is the float tube, and the cool factor is way high.  I have a 20"HBAR with the A3 handle and an M4A3 with the A3 handle, so I'm just looking for somehting a little different.  I was thinking this could be a nice gun for my wife to shoot with scope for ~100yd ranges.  I guess I was really looking to see if anyone has had any problems with the tube/end-cap arrangement.  This model isn't even listed in any bushmaster literature I have.  I was just wondering if anyone had one and liked/disliked it and why.  Thanks for the responses.

toast
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:45:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:56:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Specs I know of are:  16" Hbar with full length free float tube handguard.  A3 (rail) top on upper and no front sight.  Just begging for an Aimpoint or small scope.  

Still have yet to see any literature on this configuration.  Rumor mill has it that it was a special model for dealers to show off.  Dunno, I have never even seen one in person before, that's why I'm trying to pick the experts brains.  :)

toast
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 6:18:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I called bushmaster in June about it .It was a special run for>kiesler's wholesale only 5oo or
1k made.......nothing fancy about the gun just a
full lenght float tube with a cap......but they look sexy..........[^]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#9]
A friend of mine got one of the uppers from Kieslers - you are right, it is way cool.  He has a Tasco red dot on it now but is getting an EoTech for it soon.  It is a neat little rifle that stands out in a crowd.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Now I'm curious.  Anyone have a pic?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top