Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2001 11:09:46 PM EDT
I was thinking of getting a 3.5 lb trigger for my glock 20, 29 and 17. Any good/bad reviews?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:14:48 PM EDT
[#1]
edblevi

I love it on my G21 and G27 ; Can not now do without them; Still safe even with this pull on point and fire toys! You will be spoiled after it's use.

You might also consider to want to install the slide releases that have a slight extension to help for easy slide release! It made a nice change and it was not that expensive.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the 3.5 lb trigger that came on my G35- makes it much easier to shoot.  IMHO it is still safe to have on a carry gun, just be aware that if you shoot someone, the plaintiff's attorney in the ensuing lawsuit is going to make a very big deal of the fact that you intentionally put a 'hair trigger' in your carry gun.  Not an insurmountable obstacle, just find some articles (Chuck Taylor has written a few) about how the 3.5 lb trigger in a Glock makes it easier to manipulate at speed but still safe.  You can also use the fact that Glock puts the 3.5 lb connector in the 35 and 34, which it markets as 'tactical' handguns for SWAT, etc.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have installed a few of the 3.5lb connectors when they requested.

I have found that the Scherer connectors have a cleaner break to them compared to the Glock factory connectors which have a mushy feel.

The factory extended slide releases are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 7:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
3.5# rocks.  Plain and simple.  

Remember two things:
1) train "finger off trigger" until you are ready to shoot. (actual safety)
2) document that you train that way. (legal safety)

I agree with extended slide stop, but not as a slide release.  Far better to release the slide by wrapping the non-shooting hand over the top of the slide, pulling back, and letting go.  The extended slide stop really helps when you need to lock the slide open.  Far easier to "thumb up."

I am against the extended mag release.  Nothing wrong with the original, and the extended can cause a mag loss if you are carrying IWB in a holster that does not cover it.    
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#5]
One day a buddy of mine who lives in Switzerland grabbed a handful of genuine Glock 3.5 lb connectors and submarine spring cups, stuffed them into an envelope and mailed them to me.  (He said he sells them for $6 ea. and still makes a healthy profit!)

While the spring cups make a dandy addition to my underwater arsenal (but that's another thread), I thought the 3.5 lb was just too light and took it out.  I've been thinking of trying to change the angle in the little tab to see if I could increase the trigger pull slightly, maybe to 5 or 6 lbs.  Luckily I have a alot of them so I can experiment, but in actuality I really don't like Glock 17s very much (too much grip angle) so I sort of shelved the whole project.

Of course, now I'm stuck with a whole bunch of these little doohickies that I basically got for free.  [:D]

(No, don't even ask! [:P] )
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have found that the Scherer connectors have a cleaner break to them compared to the Glock factory connectors which have a mushy feel.
View Quote

I take the slack out of the trigger before I aim in, then take it out again as soon as the trigger resets after each shot. The 3.5lb trigger does not have enough resistance (too mushy, like Imbroglio said) to let you know when you're at the end of the slack, in my experience. The factory standard trigger connectors are much better in that regard.

Of course, if you don't shoot like this, it's not a concern for you, but I thought I'd throw it in there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 9:49:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I think Brownells is now selling a 4 lb connector, FWIW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top