Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2001 3:03:03 PM EDT
[img]http://wsphotofews.excite.com/037/wy/It/mX/k494400.jpg[/img]

I shot this group today, with my factory Remington Model 7, in .308, with 18.5" barrel.

I was impressed myself, and I've always been impressed by my Remington 700's, but never tried to shoot a group with the 7, thinking I couldn't shoot a tight one with such a short tapered barrel.

I was wrong....

This group is 7/8" at a measured 100 yards from a bench, with Samson Match 150gr.

My other 3 groups, ranged from 1.5-3", and I took off my glasses for this group.

I have a renewed interest in my little Model Seven, and I now realize it will do most anything my larger rifles can do...

It is always a pleasure to carry when hunting, and in IMHO, the .308 will do all that needs doing in the lower 48........

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:06:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't find a 7 around here in .308, but you inspire me to keep looking...
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in a .243.. Shoots outstanding ( as long as I do my part)
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Model 7 in 7-08.......shoots tighter and is PLEASANT compared to a browning 308 that it replaced.....one of the FINEST hunting guns in my rack.........[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top