Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/11/2001 12:46:02 PM EDT
I was just wondering what everyones favorite part in Red Dawn was. I've seen it mentioned here a couple times lately, but not much talk about the movie itself. Lets hear it...
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:49:33 PM EDT
"Geneva Convention? I never HEARD of it!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:50:19 PM EDT
when the girl gets the commies to steal her bag with a bomb in it, it blows up the tank then she leads the survivors right to the four guys in the blinds. Hell YEah! And my favorite quote has got to be, "all that hate's gonna burn you up son" "keeps me warm"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:56:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:04:24 PM EDT
The end where the girl is talking over the rock about how "rebels, mostly children" fought back, and how they scratched the names of there dead on the rock. This and Dumbo were the only movies that ever made me cry and I was like 6 when I saw Dumbo, I reckon I'll have to watch Red Dawn tonight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:13:45 PM EDT
When they were in the sporting goods store and the owner was making them take all the ammo and those guns, sigh, why couldn't a gun store owner say that to me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:20:48 PM EDT
Ok, who won the war in Red Dawn and why do you think this? I have my own answer but everyone I ask this queston to doesnt seem to know. Its really clear if you ask me. BKVic
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:25:01 PM EDT
I like the part when they are blowing up the armored division and Patrick Swayze yells over to C. Thomas Howell..."Matt-RPG"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2001 1:23:26 PM EDT by MrP]
Originally Posted By BKVic: Ok, who won the war in Red Dawn and why do you think this? I have my own answer but everyone I ask this queston to doesnt seem to know. Its really clear if you ask me. BKVic
View Quote
We (the USA) won. There is an American Flag flying over the memorial at the end of the movie. My favorite part of the movie: When the Father in the "re-education camp" yells... "Boys! AVENGE ME! AVENGE ME!!!" When I look at the Pentagon and WTC, I hear those same words...
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:28:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:29:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BKVic: Ok, who won the war in Red Dawn and why do you think this? I have my own answer but everyone I ask this queston to doesnt seem to know. Its really clear if you ask me. BKVic
View Quote
We did, when the girl was talking about the rock as I described in my earlier post, there was a memorial there, similar to the same memorial from earlier in the film that the 3 Soviets were visiting. If the Commys had won that memorial would not have been there. Sorry if I sound like Forrest Gump but I have bronchitis, serious congestion, and a terrible fever, I wish someone would get a chainsaw and chop my head off.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:35:47 PM EDT
"Go to the local sporting goods store and collect all the Forms 4473. These will contain a description of all the local firearms, and the name and address of the owners"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:49:05 PM EDT
Arrow in the back! what can I say I'm a bowhunter. TUPPERGUN
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:56:48 PM EDT
Many parts. I get chills when I hear their father says "Boys, AVENGE ME!" I like when the cubans are trying to describe the national park they are in. When the Air Force Officer describes the attack with "grazing fire" "enflaide(sp) fire" etc and they are like.. HUH? When the girl dies and pulls a pin on the grenade. The soldier yells... "una grenada" "una grenada"
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:04:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By erickm: when the girl gets the commies to steal her bag with a bomb in it, it blows up the tank then she leads the survivors right to the four guys in the blinds. Hell YEah! And my favorite quote has got to be, "all that hate's gonna burn you up son" "keeps me warm"
View Quote
Ditto! On both accounts!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:05:31 PM EDT
Been ages since I've seen it. My fav part is when they shoot the Mayors son for leading the enemy to them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:24:11 PM EDT
The part between the opening credits and the closing credits...[:D] I think my favorite part would have to be: "We thought you'd a made it ta FA by now... Fee America. You's 40 miles behind enemy lines!" Man, talk about the scariest prospect EVER! But then there is the classic: "The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache." Oh man, I'm actually squirming in my seat!! Where's that DVD...[heavy]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:35:56 PM EDT
When the kid up on the ridge raises his AK (I think it was an AK) and Yells "[5]WOLVERINES![5]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:49:44 PM EDT
Sporting Goods Store- When Jed pops up out with the scoped bolt gun and the Russians holler "SNIPER! SNIPER!" My favorite line from the movie? "It already is" Hell. I like the whole damn movie. I really really like that movie.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:58:15 PM EDT
"Last I heard, there were a billion screamin' china men? There were."
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:05:21 PM EDT
Thats what Ive always said. At the end of the movie there is a Amerian flag flying over the momument but no one Ive ever asked when I talk about movies has ever said that. I mean its clear as day at the end of the movie so why does no one notice it? BKVic
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:24:36 PM EDT
I loved it. It so pisses off my liberal friends, especially the scene where the Cubano commander says to get all the forms 4473's. They always tell me it will never happen.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:38:44 PM EDT
It's one of the very few films that, if I'm surfing the channels and it comes up, I watch it no matter at what point it is in the movie! Favorite scene - Boy on ridge with AK held aloft shouting 'Wolverines!' Eric The(A'SportsCollective'-CubanCol.)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:39:06 PM EDT
"At night, the fires for the dead light up the sky. Its medevial..."
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:50:32 PM EDT
Excellent Movie. I liked the part when the Russian was describing an "Eagle scout". But here's a movie more in tune with our current predicament. "Wanted, dead or alive" with Rutger Hauer, and Gene Simmons. The best part has to be the final scene. "What about the $50K Bonus?" "Fuck it", as he pulls the pin on the grenade lodged in the Rag's mouth....:) LOVED IT!!! Rich
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:55:05 PM EDT
I like the part where they shoot the bad guys. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:55:27 PM EDT
When Patrick Swayze shoots the Russian officer in the head point blank. It is the brutallity of it. Kind of the "end of the innocence". I often put my self in his shoes, its freaky to think about.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:05:40 PM EDT
Didn't any of you reloaders see the reloading press in the background of the cabin scene where a man gave two girls to the Wolverines to hide out. Not one liberal in a million spotted that reloading equipment. ------- "Ya a hodneek", said in a sinister Cuban/Russian voice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:05:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dale007: When the kid up on the ridge raises his AK (I think it was an AK) and Yells "[5]WOLVERINES![5]
View Quote
That was Aardvark, real name (in movie) Arturo
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:13:45 PM EDT
Where the kid stands up and lifts rifle in air yelling "Wolverines"! [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/2M16.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:13:48 PM EDT
Busting into the re-education camp.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:16:38 PM EDT
The part when they break the camp out, and hand the rifles to people. Saying would you rather die on your feet, than on your knees! c-rock
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:30:36 PM EDT
When the girl goes up to the downed aviator and says, "What's the capital of Texas?" "Austin." "Wrong, it's Houston." When dad says, "Don't cry, hold it in...and let it turn into something else." Or something like that. A history TA of mine taught a 'Reagen Years' class for the history dept. over the summer, and though she's never seen Red Dawn, she showed it as a sign of the times, and how it was laughably paranoid. Funny, being only 7, I was scared $#!Tless when I saw it. If I was older then i'd probably be a lot more scared. The thought of commie troops landing during history class wasn't that funny either, it was pretty scary considering I was a student in elementary school and I woulda had to run home instead of drive!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:19:19 PM EDT
Ben Johnson played a good role, even though it was small. At least they put a real American in there. That gave credibility to the whole movie. Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:41:58 PM EDT
When the Russians are going to execute the hostages and they start singing "America."
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:45:36 PM EDT
But of course the best part is when they break into the re education camp at the drive in and the Colonel flips the Russian pilot the bird before tossing a grenade into the back of his MIG. Just classic.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:57:05 PM EDT
I like the part where they "supplemented" the coolant supply in the radiator. Ever since then, I've come to appreciate the utility of a full bladder in a SHTF scenario.z
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:04:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GWIGG: When they were in the sporting goods store and the owner was making them take all the ammo and those guns, sigh, why couldn't a gun store owner say that to me.
View Quote
That was my favorite scene also. Too bad it was all hunting rifles and shotguns. Would have been nice to have a few AR's to tide you over till you captured some Class III. That scene also reminded me of the scene in Dawn of the Dead when they raided the sporting goods store in the mall to get the guns to shoot the Zombies.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:06:58 PM EDT
How about when the Russki is "translating" the sign at the park to his comrade and finds the arrowhead?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:08:49 PM EDT
When the Hinds(no spell check) flew over the hill! Awsome site even if it was theirs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:17:59 PM EDT
After They ambush the Russians,Robert Played by C. Thomas Howell Pulls a sawed off shotgun out of case he wears on his back.Then he goes and finishes off the wounded Russians. Hell Yeah!!!!! Erica and Toni wearing cammies.....Hot,Hot,Hot!!!!! I just got the DVD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 10:28:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:49:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/12/2001 12:35:19 AM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger: How about when the Russki is "translating" the sign at the park to his comrade and finds the arrowhead?
View Quote
That part was too funny! Something like, "I didn't know the Indians made steel".
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:50:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Silver_Surfer: When the Hinds(no spell check) flew over the hill! Awsome site even if it was theirs.
View Quote
That is my favorite part as well. Even though a couple "Wolverines" bit it. I think those Hinds were converted Super Puma's.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 11:57:42 PM EDT
The scene of the russian soldier taking a 1911 from a dead guy while in the background there is a "they can take my guns from my cold dead hands" sticker on a truck bumper.
Top Top