Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 7:02:01 PM EDT
I think this lady can say it better than I.  When you hear the sonic booms over your hometown, maybe some of you all might realize you can get killed by your own tax-dollar supplied weapons.  

I love my country, but I do not trust my government, and those that work for it.  They do not trust me in defending myself and other from harm, so why should I trust them?
I post the whole article, but the 3500 char limit would stop me. Going to bed,
be back in the morning
c-rock

https://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=2637
Perhaps you think we're beating up on the airlines and FAA, and their security measures. You're entitled to your opinion, of course, but rather than maintaining a closed mind about the subject, or hiding your head in the sand out of fear due to recent events, please read this essay and think about the points we present. Our primary concern is the safety of peaceable individuals.

ProjectSafeSkies.org -- Current airline security measures are not stopping terrorists--that much is obvious. If they were, 911 would never have happened. So, given that, who really believes that more of the same will make a difference? Why do all the rules and regulations fail? Is there something better we can try to make air travel safer?

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
GREAT ARTICLE....

forwarded....

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#3]
She does not have any valid points at all, due to her promoting the views of the isolationist founding fathers whose ideals are outdated and useless in todays world.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:49:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The article contained nothing about isolationism or the founding fathers. Nice try. :)
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:32:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She does not have any valid points at all, due to her promoting the views of the isolationist founding fathers whose ideals are outdated and useless in todays world.
View Quote

You got to give the guy credit for trying.
c-rock
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Well she must be an anti-semite because of her vague implications for criticizing aid to Israel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:28:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Imbroglio -

You are KILLING me man!!!!

Your subtle humor and use of irony are LOST on some people.

But I'm loving it!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 8:35:49 AM EDT
[#8]
"I think this lady can say it better than I. When you hear the sonic booms over your hometown, maybe some of you all might realize you can get killed by your own tax-dollar supplied weapons"

I hear them all the time, I live about 30 mins from McDill AFB you kow the place that they run the hole damn thing over there from.

The FBI knows of and are looking for over 20 cells in Tampa Bay right now!

So get off this trip your on here man we all have stuff to deal with here and your prob. with F-18s is the lest of them.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"I think this lady can say it better than I. When you hear the sonic booms over your hometown, maybe some of you all might realize you can get killed by your own tax-dollar supplied weapons"

I hear them all the time, I live about 30 mins from McDill AFB you kow the place that they run the hole damn thing over there from.

The FBI knows of and are looking for over 20 cells in Tampa Bay right now!

So get off this trip your on here man we all have stuff to deal with here and your prob. with F-18s is the lest of them.

View Quote

Its not my problem with the planes.  My problem is with how they are trying to protect me,  by not allowing myself, or other private citizens (pilots) from doing it.  Only way a person is able to defend themself on a plane, is if they are a agent of the government. Some how 14 weeks of training, and a badge will make them into a sharpshooter. That is if they are on that plane.
I don't think  you read the article,  I think this sums it up really good

Another "safety measure" that has been quietly put into place is the ability of two midlevel Air Force generals to order fighter jets to fire on and down an "errant airliner" suspected of being skyjacked. That's a truly disturbing thought... an American passenger jet can now be ordered shot out of the sky by its own military. This isn't safety; it's a reactionary measure that is supposed to scare the terrorists, or get them to think twice about trying to take another American jet. But they have already demonstrated that they're willing to die for their cause! How this will dissuade them is beyond my comprehension. Instead, it seems to me to offer the enemy another means of attack--scaring us into shooting our own. How they'd love that.

The American government seems unable to grasp a fundamental problem with all the security measures that they've legislated and ordered: It is impossible to ban everything that someone might use to hurt another person. Safety cannot be legislated into existence.

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#10]
"Some how 14 weeks of training, and a badge will make them into a sharpshooter"

It's that they are sharpshooters it's that tey have been checked out and we know there not nuts!

You don't hear a damn thing people tell you do you?
It really look s as if pilots will be able to be armed(or so the pilots tell me)
So what the heck is your prob.?
just don't get on a plane if you don't feel safe with out a gun,anyway you would not need a gun for these guys anyway they don't have any.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top