Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 6:44:19 PM EDT
This all started about a month ago. You know that bone where your spine ends (i think), and just where your butt-crack starts? Well, about a month ago that started hurting quite abit, like, very painful to sit down, etc. But I could still walk/lay down, etc.

About a week of that, the thing goes away, thank GOD!

Now, it's back. Started two days ago. This moring was the worst it's ever been. It hurts to WALK, sit up, stand up, sit down, or lay down. In ANY direction.

I decided to take off work, and go to the chryopracter, to hopefully get it fixed... well.. being the VIOLENT bastard he is, he pulled my arm one way, and pushed my knee the other way, on each side. (I mean he did this EXTREAMLY VIOLENTLY! I'm talking about just pulling and yanking extreamly hard, after about 3 times of that on each side, it popped. It HURT!)

The bone did pop, but OH MY GOD did that ever hurt! That was at 4:30PM, now it's 7:30PM, and ever since I've gotten out of his office, it has hurt TWICE as bad as when I woke up!

He told me to not go to work, or to lift anything till Monday. But on this Friday, come back and see him.

He also gave instructions to ice/heat/ice for 10 minutes, 3 times a day. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but wont heat cause for inflammation? I did it however, and it still hurts VERY badly.

He also cracked my back, and did that very violently too. Put his fingers under my back, crossed my arms, and THRUSTED down on my chest, with quite a bit of force. Now it seems that my back is hurting even more than it did before.

After all of this, I got to pay 27 dollars!!! lol.

I am SERIOUSLY considering finding a different chryo. I've heard from others that have gone to him, and others, he is far more rough and painful than anyone else they've gone to.

About 45 minutes ago, I took 5 IB Profien, and 1 500 MG pain pill. Never have had effect.

This is by far the worst prolonged pain I've ever experienced. What should I do?

Thanks,

Floater

PS, spell check wont come up, and I realize I have several spellin' errors in here, and I'm in too much pain to fix them. Also don't know how to spell chryopracter.

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot to add that the top part of my "crack" (lol) has swollen up to almost twice it's normal size.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Cold not warm.You are correct
You may have a pilonidal cyst.That is where the saying "tender as a boil" comes from.
Pharmacies have a DoNut pillow which is a big round pad that the tender area fits in to keep pressure off.
Good luck,
cpermd
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've had "typical" lower back problems for years.  I used to let chriopractor treat me, and mostly it helped.  Now don't intend to upset you here, but a chiorprator SEVERLY injured one of my family.  I've never been to one since.  Chances are you have slipped or slightly herniated disc, painful, but treatable.  I would strongly suggest you go to regular doc, they might want to do MRI.  I've been able to get by with using an old fashioned ice pack (with ice cubes), stuck it in the back of my pants, went on about my business, and gradually it gets better.  Bottom line get a couple of opions from qualified docs.  Don't mess around with this.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
also lay off the anal sex. [sex]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
The worst pain?? Try being stung in both feet by a stingray, I have had 4 back surgerys including a spinal fusion, they did not compare with the pain that a stingray can deliver...[:D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#5]
My college roommate had the same pain at the very end of his tailbone.  It ended up being an infection that was cleared up by antibiotics.  Go to a real doctor that can diagnose properly.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Ever see a guy in his thirties who cracked his knuckles all his life? Huge knuckles, right? Thats what those quacks do to your spine. Ask the knuckle guy if he's "addicted" to cracking his knuckles. He is. The quack chiropractors are making your spine into that guys knuckles.
STAY AWAY!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#7]
cpermd had same thought as me. Sounded a lot like a pilonidal cyst. Should be tender, swollen and warm, though, if infected or inflamed. Definitely get this checked out by an MD. Your local ER could even take a look tonight, if really bad, and at least give some basic med care to get you through the night. I'll be up for a little bit yet and will email phone #. Use at your discretion.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ever see a guy in his thirties who cracked his knuckles all his life? Huge knuckles, right? Thats what those quacks do to your spine. Ask the knuckle guy if he's "addicted" to cracking his knuckles. He is. The quack chiropractors are making your spine into that guys knuckles.
STAY AWAY!!!
View Quote

ok, that just made me stop cracking my kncuckles!!!!!!

I've been doing it for about 4 years now!! ahh!!

oh yea, i jsut got to thinking, that it is GOING TO HURT LIKE A FUCKING SON OF A BITCH the next time i need to take a shit!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
cpermd had same thought as me. Sounded a lot like a pilonidal cyst. Should be tender, swollen and warm, though, if infected or inflamed. Definitely get this checked out by an MD. Your local ER could even take a look tonight, if really bad, and at least give some basic med care to get you through the night. I'll be up for a little bit yet and will email phone #. Use at your discretion.
View Quote

I'm gonna eat a sandwich, pop 2 or 3 more of thos 500mg pain pills, and drink a lotta beer. If it still hurts this bad in the morning, off to the MD I go...........
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I would email but your email address is not listed. I'll check back later to see if you have any further to add.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:14:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the worst pain I've been in is when they took that little fiber optic scope and ran it up the old you know what for a little look see in the bladder. The Doc runs it in and out, swivels it around, etc. I was trying not to scream. Actually the worst part was after I got back to work and after a couple of hours when down to the can to take a leak. Yeooooowwwww! I did scream!  [shock]  Glad I was the only one in there...I woulda got some strange looks for sure. He didn't tell me it would hurt to pee the rest of the day and it WAS totally unexpected. I thought he had left a fish hook up there and it was coming out. They didn't find any problems either. I couldn't decide to be happy or mad!

Then there was the time I got a shot right on the head of the old penis. That hurt a bunch and is a different story as it was to stitch a cut. Did a good job as you can't see any trace of it now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm gonna eat a sandwich, pop 2 or 3 more of thos 500mg pain pills, and drink a lotta beer. If it still hurts this bad in the morning, off to the MD I go...........
View Quote

Let's see: eating, drinking alcohol and popping high-cap pain pills. Whew- Don't choke on your own vomit when you're unconscious....
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would email but your email address is not listed. I'll check back later to see if you have any further to add.
View Quote

Yea.. sorry bout that....

i'll be sure and post how i feel in the morning...

man those pills are nice.... :)
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Let's see: eating, drinking alcohol and popping high-cap pain pills. Whew- Don't choke on your own vomit when you're unconscious....
View Quote

Actually, i've only vomitted twice ever from alcohol.

one was from having 4 beers in 10 minutes, after having 12 in the last hour.

funny thing is, after i puked, i kept on drinking for 3 more beers!! lmao
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey Floater;
Send me your Chiropractors phone # and addy , I could sure use him. All the ones around here are wusses
KenS
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm not familear with this pilonidal cyst but I am familear with lower back pain.  It is something I have dealt with on and off for several years now.  I wouldn't trust a ciropractor to anything other than temporary relief.  Go to a doctor and make sure you get something better than asprin/ibuprofen to ease the pain.  A couple of lortabs work wonders ;).  

As to the worst pain I ever suffered, it was due to the initial injury to my back a few years ago.  After I injured it, I had to drive home in a van with no power steering and a three on the tree manual transmittion.  Every turn of that wheel just about killed me but the worse part was that I had a very hard cough at the same time.  Every time I would cough I thought I was going to pass out.  I would do every thing I possibly could to avoid coughing.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:35:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Floater, a few years ago my stepmother was being treated weekly for lower back pain by a chriopractor. - Her 4th appointment was at 9am, she passed out around noon and died around 6pm.-- Turned out her gallbladder had ruptured, I had never heard of this before, guess the chriopractor had'nt either. -- The point is, if you are hurting, DON'T screw with it!! see an MD.-- Good Shootin -- ALLONS11  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Floater, Sorry about your pain. My worst pain was a bad tooth .On a weekend ,tried pliers was going to try shooting the tooth out with a .22 but couldn't find a way without shooting a hole in my cheek.Yes it was that bad!

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Then there was the time I got a shot right on the head of the old penis. That hurt a bunch and is a different story as it was to stitch a cut. Did a good job as you can't see any trace of it now.
View Quote

Okay...I am the only one who can't figure out how you cut your penis?  How does one get a cut on the penis...I am thinking something really bad...like being in Old Mexico and the old story of the HO with the razor blades...bla, bla...say it ain't so

medcop

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:36:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Pain? Swelling? Dude, go see a doctor and STOP seeing that Chiropractor.  You don't put heat right way, ice and inflamatories.  Go to a doc and see if you can get some relafin or some other stronger anti inflamatory.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Be careful about mixing alcohol and pain medication.  Especially if the medication is acetaminophen (Tylenol) or has acetaminophen in it like Lortab.  Keep mixing those enough and you'll destroy your liver!

There was a lady where I work that used to get drunk after work, then take a ton of Tylenol the next morning for the hangover.  Guess what?  She ended up needing a liver transplant.  The ironic thing about all this is that we work at a hospital PHARMACY!  It even says right on the packaging not to mix with alcohol.  She was stupid to say the least.  She didn't deserve that liver.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Floater,

Take care of your back.  Ten years ago I fell off the back of a DR350 doing a wheelie in a parking lot behind the shop I worked at and either seriously bruised or broke my tail bone.

I had serious pain for about two weeks, mostly at night,and I couldn't sit comfortably for about six months.  Never did go to the doc', mainly 'cause I had no medical insurance and all my money was going into building a GSXR 1100.

Five years ago I broke my back and needed to have a laminectomy to decompress the pressure on my spinal cord from having three disks rupture.  The surgeon took a portion of my hip and fused it between my second through fifth thoracic vertebra and then bolted me up with titanium hardware.  All my riding buddies wanted dibs on the hardware for their bikes when I had it removed.[:D]

Pain's a bitch, but you learn to live with it.  I don't ride anymore. In fact, I sold my bikes and got into guns so I could still go out to the desert and kick up some dirt and make noise.

Well, I shouldn't I say I don't ride anymore.  I've switched to four strokes and putt around a few times a year.  Miss ridin' an open class KTM, though.

Anyway, see a doctor and have your condition diagnosed properly.  Oh, and don't forget to "practice your ABC's" when you're feeling better.[;)]  (Edited to stress that you know I don't mean your spelling.)
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:06:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The best pain I've had is what in the Navy is known as the ream and scream after a visit to Thailand in the early '80's. The kind of pain where you suck air and wonder if you'll muster another breath.
View Quote

Hey, i'd like to know more about that!

I heard something about that, I think I know but want the details [:D].......

I guess it was "Enjoy now, Pay later!" LMAO.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay...I am the only one who can't figure out how you cut your penis?  How does one get a cut on the penis...
View Quote

Vacuum cleaners are a bitch. [:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay...I am the only one who can't figure out how you cut your penis?  How does one get a cut on the penis...
View Quote

Vacuum cleaners are a bitch. [:D]
View Quote

Hey, Achmed. Sounds like the voice of experience!

Floater, what the hell happened to you? I'm curious.
Link Posted: 10/12/2001 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
PAIN...LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT PAIN...
IN 1979 I CLIMBED UP ON A SHELF TO REACH A MOTOR THAT WAS ON THE TOP SHELF. AS I JUMPED OFF THE SHELF, MY WEDDING RING GOT CAUGHT ON A CORNER OF THE METAL SHELF AND AS I FELL DOWN MY LEFT RING FINGER GOT STRIPPED OFF MY HAND LIKE INSULATION OFF A WIRE.
THEN I GET TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY USED A CHISEL AND A HAMMER TO REMOVE THE REMAINING PART OF MY FINGER.
TURNED OUT MY DOCTOR WAS AN EX-ARMY PUKE WHO LEARNED HOW TO AMPUTATE LIMBS AT DANANG IN 1970.
I STILL HAVE PHANTOM PAIN IN MY FINGER THAT DOESN'T EXSIST.
View Quote

ok, I meant that it is the worst pain I"VE never experienced, for a long period of time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top