Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2001 5:41:49 PM EDT
I just started watching it recently and I'm really gettting into it... I wish I hadn't missed the first few episodes because there are a lot of questions I would like to have answered... like for instance, is Aeryn Sune (claudia Black) human, and if so how did she get into space..and what about the other human peacekeepers???

All around great show though...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Not 'human,' per se. They're a race called Sebaceans. Very close to humans as far as physiology goes, but slightly different. You might get a lot of your questions answered to your satisfaction if you check out [url]http://www.scifi.com/farscape[/url]. [:)]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, I haven't watched it for a while but I saw the first season or so. I don't know all the characters now, but the Peacemakers are not human. Main difference is they are cold blooded. This was shown early on when AERYN SUN was trapped in a hot area and nearly died. They look like humans and that is why when the ships crew (D'Argo, etc.) came in contact with JOHN CRICHTON  they thought he was a peacemaker and D'Argo at least would have liked to kill him. In short the Crichton was an astronaut who was lost in space due to some Cataclysmic Scientific Event during his space flight. The peaecemakers are ruthless scum who move across the galaxy destroying freedom in the name of security. Kinda reminds me of the UN.

[Edited To Add That I Now Checked The Site]

THey have added two charcters since I stopped watching. Stark and Hovalis. Also, I saw part of an episode the other day and I see Cray or whatever his name is (sun's brother in law or something like that) who was going to kill her for being contaminated was it looked like helping though I may have been mistaken. Since he wanted nothing more than to kill Crichton in the 1st season this would suprise me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Scipio,
Claudia Black`s character isn`t human,but a species that`s very close. She and the Peacekeepers are kind of interstellar referees/mercenaries for hire if I understand it right.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
What everyone means is that Sebaceans being 'Cold Blooded', is that they lack the gland that controls extreme thermal changes.  They are not cold blooded like snakes.  There are even some Sebaceans that are geneticlly compatable with Humans.  Just wait until you see the "Look at the Princess"  trilogy.

As you can tell, I'm a big Farscape fan.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#7]
peacekeepers are like the spartans, born and bred for military service.
They are paid to keep peace in certain parts of the galaxy, but can also be used for assasinations and coup's if someone has the money.
And they all seem to have australian accents (since that's where the series is filmed).
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:08:21 PM EDT
[#8]
cc48510, Capt. Bialar Crais (play be Lani Tupu) was Aeryn Sun's commanding officer.  It was he the deemed her to be "irreversibly contaminated" by contact with unclassified lifeforms.

forgot to sign my name-- DOH!
 Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Scipio you should make an effort to see the first season. The writing was much better, a lot more sci-fi compared to soap opera it is now.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought Crais and Sun were related. I may be wrong though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#11]
*sniff*  I love that show, part of the 3 hours of TV I used to watch each week.

But alas, I moved to the sticks a month ago and have been without cable since.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:19:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Scientist John Crichton is pulled through a wormhole while testing a space module of his own design for IASA. On the other side of the wormhole: the Delvian Pa'u Zotoh Zhaan, Luxan warrior Ka D'Argo, and deposed Hynerian Dominar Rygel XVI have just succeeded in liberating themselves -- and Moya, their Leviathan biomechanoid prison transport ship, helmed by Pilot -- from the control of the Peacekeepers, a merciless race of mercenaries. Crichton finds himself involuntarily added to the crew roster, along with Peacekeeper Officer Aeryn Sun, who's (equally involuntarily) been deemed "irreversibly contaminated" by her former commanding officer, Captain Bialar Crais. Crais, whose brother was killed accidently during Crichton's unscheduled arrival via the wormhole, is now determined not only to recapture Moya and her prisoner crew, but to exact vengeance on Crichton, as well.

Vulcan94

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:25:23 PM EDT
[#13]
great, thanks for all the info guys... I'm really starting to love this show... I have a friend who is die hard trek, but I'm going to try to convince him to take a break from those faggoty tights they call uniforms in trek and give Farscape a chance...

P.S.  Sorry for the insult trek lovers...
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:29:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]
LotBoy watchs it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#16]
NO ARGUMENT WITH YOU THERE COL.KLINK!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the grey chick is sexy. Sometimes I think Capt. Kirk was the man, getting some *real* strange!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#18]
when i remember.   a good sc-fi show.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
*sniff*  I love that show, part of the 3 hours of TV I used to watch each week.

But alas, I moved to the sticks a month ago and have been without cable since.
View Quote

Don't worry, Shazbat, you aren't left out in the cold.  AD Vision -

[url]http://www.advfilms.com/farscape[/url]

owns the North American rights to Farscape and has released it on DVD.  But it's the [b]uncensored[/b] original version with all the cussing and nudity left in, not the watered down SciFi Channel show.  (It has to be edited for US broadcast.)

Available wherever you buy DVDs, or over the net:

[url]http://www.uln.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#20]
What cussing and nudity are you talking about?  I have all of the DVD's that have been released so far, and there is no nudity and very little cussing (earth words, anyway!).

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:11:33 AM EDT
[#21]
(Thanks for the link)

But there _is_ cussing in the show, just not in english.

Frell  "What the frell are you doing?!?"

Dren   "What the hell is this dren?"

And others that I forgot....

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:25:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Yep -watch it every nite its on (Mon-Thurs). Just started couple weeks ago and its a bit addictive...
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:46:18 AM EDT
[#23]
What they heck are you guys talking about.

I have NEVER heard of it!  What station is it on??? The site says Monday - Thursday at 8pm but I have never seen it.

Could it only be on in the States??

Any Canadians seen it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:21:40 AM EDT
[#24]
It's on the SciFi channel in the US Storm, I dunno if any Canadian stations carry it...

IIRC Lexx is partially a canadian production, no?

*sigh* another show that I miss, mmmmmmmmmm Xev.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#25]
I have seen Lexx here but it is a little weird for my taste....

I do not get scifi damn it!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top