Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2001 4:38:50 PM EDT
[img]webmail.att.net/wmc/v/wm/ual_aa_to_afghan.jpg?cmd=MimePart&no=7&uid=1774&sid=c0&mimepart=2[/img]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:49:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:05:49 PM EDT
The Airlines are a good investment right now. The panic selling has driven them to well below their real worth. They are saving money selling tickets on the internet. Using more efficient engines. Aircraft have 2 engines insted of 3 or 4 and 2 crew intead of 3 A 777 is much cheaper than a 747 of L1011 to operate. Many saving are being realised using technology. This terrorist attack, will in the end, result in safer air travel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 2:25:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:05:36 PM EDT
i ain't paying a company that keeps me defenseless. period. let 'em drown. i know, i know. it's really FAA regs, but if enough of the airlines complained about it (because enough of the passengers complained about it, yeah, right like that'll happen) then the FAA would make the right decision. if the airlines falter or die, eventually someone will understand why. i might fly again when that day comes. i won't buy a ticket and i won't buy their stock. market forces and capitalism at work, baby!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:10:43 PM EDT
WHAT! Are you goofy! As the spouse of a UAL employee, you'd think I'd be all for buying UAL stock, but the people that run this airline are really idiots. First they attempt to buy US Airways... under Mr. Wolf, then the employees buy a big chunk of UAL (after the US Air deal falls through) and kick Wolf out - complete with golden parachute - he goes to US Airways, and the next thing you know UAL is attempting to but US Airways again! ... No, something is really bad at the top of this company - just as it was becoming a good place to work, it turned wierd again. I keep trying to get her to quit, but she's got 10 years in and wants those bennies... there are other nightmare stories, but that's for another time Oh, and don't believe the load of crap they're pushing about the flights being empty. The wife wants to fly home to visit her mom, and they are all full twixt Seattle and Chicago ... can't get on.. Ah, well... Maybe someone at EXO (Chicago headquarters) will see this and she'll get fired.... I doubt it though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 3:10:46 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BillofRights: Aircraft have 2 engines insted of 3 or 4 and 2 crew intead of 3
View Quote
and how is this a good thing? the difference in power when the one damn engine on the the wing goes out is not a good thing. even a tail engine as a third is better. but i'd be happier with 4--two on each side.
This terrorist attack, will in the end, result in safer air travel.
View Quote
i'm not disagreeing with your statement, but i haven't seen anything to date that has led me to believe that you are correct. or that it is even moving in that direction. please explain how you think this will come about. i truly don't see it unless the vast majority of the population wakes up and realizes that each person has to be accountable for his/her own safety and cannot/should not rely on the airlines or the federal government for his/her security.
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 4:20:02 PM EDT
Frontier Airlines has a nice low P/E ratio of 6. I think they will be one of the survivors.
Top Top