Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/10/2001 10:48:59 AM EDT
yessar just a fews hours after... it's an Olympic Arms model w/16" barrel w/muzzle brake, A2 sights & full stock. got it for $670. ?s 1 is there a way to shorten the stock? 2 what's the proper way to break it in? 3 what ammo do u recommend (something not too hard on the barrel)? 4 r all magazines the same? will they all fit? later I noticed it wasn't "perfect". there were some (very) minor dings in it, is that usually the case for ar15s?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 10:59:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:05:01 AM EDT
The dings could be machinging marks, or casting marks (assuming it's a cast lower) as long as they aren't structural, I wouldn't worry about it. Are the dings under the finish? probably normal it's a weapon, not a painting
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:11:08 AM EDT
1 - Check out Rock River Arms tactical stock for a real "shorty"![:D] 2 - Shoot the Puh-Jezus out of it.[heavy] 3 - Don't shoot any steel cased crap![BD] 4 - USGI Colt[BD] 5 - Don't sweat it... It's an Oly, they're made to be used and abused.[flame]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:24:46 PM EDT
LOLs, they don't present any structural problems. yes they are under the finish. it is a painting, to me ;-) j/k
Originally Posted By fight4yourrights: The dings could be machinging marks, or casting marks (assuming it's a cast lower) as long as they aren't structural, I wouldn't worry about it. Are the dings under the finish? probably normal it's a weapon, not a painting
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:28:29 PM EDT
that just might work ;-) thanks!
Originally Posted By Schnert: 1 - Check out Rock River Arms tactical stock for a real "shorty"![:D] .[flame]
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:41:12 PM EDT
how can u tell who makes the magazines? I mean there are guns stores that have them all in a box. does the manufacturers stamp a signature on?
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:41:19 PM EDT
As far as the ammo goes...... Go to [url]http://www.olyarms.com/usa.html[/url] and click on "ammunition warning" at the top. It will tell you the ins and outs for feeding your Oly. I shoot mostly Federal out of mine and have NEVER had a problem. Oh, and by the way, ERIC THE AMMOMAN RULEZ!!!!!!!!!! Nuckles. [smash]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:42:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ttman: how can u tell who makes the magazines? I mean there are guns stores that have them all in a box. does the manufacturers stamp a signature on?
View Quote
bottom plate of the mag
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:51:58 PM EDT
Go the this site. It has a Magazine FAQ. Very well done. magfaq.tripod.com Vulcan94
Top Top