Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 1:20:39 PM EDT
If there was an all out war [kill] between these two families who would end out on top! You Make the Call!! [x]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Definatly the Corleone's.  The boss of the Sopranos has too many issues and there is also desention in the ranks of the Sopranos.  The Corleone's on the other hand seem to have a more warlike attitude.  The Sopranos are a "new age" mob family.  The Corleone's are "old school"[;)]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My vote would go to the Sapranos, I think they take care of business quick and have limited resources, I like small teams.
This is a mindlessly entertaining topic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sopranos.  Corleones are still running things like its the seventies.  The Sopranos are a 21st century Mob family.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#4]
The Sopranos have VERY poor security features.

Tony walks out to his mailbox in a bathrobe and doesn't notice Pussy until he steps right up to the car....

They kill people and leave bloodstains everywhere (inside the boat, car, etc..)

They drive up to a jogger to whack him and he almost runs away....

They have little to no security everytime you see them.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The Corleon's would have the Soprano's for breakfast.

The Corleon's are of higher status on the mob boss chain.  They have a number of families that stem from thier family tree.
Not to mention all the political power they have on the pay roll.

With that kind of money and power the
Soprano's would get stepped on.

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Strange as it may seem. I have not seen 'the Sopranos'. I shut my cable off years ago and have not gone sattelite. There doesn't seem to be much on there either. But it is amazing how much sex and violence is on my vcr. [:)]

My vote, FWIW, goes to Don Corleone and family. Old world and ruthless. [X]

I would expect the Soprano family to be water downed, new age softies. [:I]
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I forgot to mention the number of die hard family members the Corleon's had.
There is always some dedicated guys who did those suicide missions.

Link Posted: 3/3/2001 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the "Soprano's" more, but the Corelones would have Tony's crew for lunch.
[pistol]
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 3:31:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Both families were "Sister-Boys"...

Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#10]
The I.R.A. could wipe out those WOP-ettes
before breakfast!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
The Russian Mafia could wipe out those WOP-ettes
while eating breakfast!
Link Posted: 3/3/2001 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/4/2001 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Sopranos, Corleone's, Goodfellows. I would hate to have anyone of them aginst me!!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I warmed up for the new season by watching "True Romance" again.  James Gandolfini plays a hit man (I have a sneaking suspicion that's why he got the Sopranos role).  He has a great scene where he questions a stoned Brad Pitt, and as this professional killer capable of incredible sadistic violence (proven later) is walking off Pitt mumbles into his Honey Bear bong "Dont condescend me Mother F$%^&, I'll kill you." Very ironic.
The movie contains some instant classic scenes, like Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper discussing Scicillian lineage, but the whole is far less than the sum of it's parts.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I've never seen the Sopranos, but I bet if we told Janet's ATF (hopefully soon to change) that they had a bible and a 10/22 in their house that they would go down hard.  Now the Russian mob vs Janet's ATF, I'd have to say 50/50 odds.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I am more concerned with the Lesbian Mafia...

Their Battlecry is: "You are ALL going DOWN!!"

Link Posted: 3/5/2001 8:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
What war, it would never get to that point.  The  Corleone's would have offed those guys before thay got that big.  Now I'll their will be no more discussion about this matter or you'll be next on the list!!!  Sopranos PHOO...
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I think this season we will see the Soprano's go to the mattresses. I don't trust the NY mobsters and I think Ralphie will be turned by them.
Of course the Sopranos will win, they have another season. How cool will it be to see Paulie Walnuts and "T" unloading on the NY guys with fully auto AK's & AR's?
[uzi]
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Corleone vs. Sopranos? Sopranos would end up working for the higher placed Corleones. The war probably would not happen. Big families care about cash. The Corleones would just cut 'em a sweet deal.
Link Posted: 4/3/2001 8:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think this season we will see the Soprano's go to the mattresses. I don't trust the NY mobsters and I think Ralphie will be turned by them.
Of course the Sopranos will win, they have another season. How cool will it be to see Paulie Walnuts and "T" unloading on the NY guys with fully auto AK's & AR's?
[uzi]
View Quote

hate to break it to you but all ny/nj hits are done with .32 revolvers or 9mm's. this ain't the bloods & crips. the dark angel usually appears as close friend before you get wacked.

yours truly Sammy from NY now living in AZ[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top