Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 10:50:01 PM EDT
Don't know why..........
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Exactly what type of site are you talking about???????
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
oops - business sites - I work for a very large company - offices worldwide - headquartered in Dallas - that's where I am.

Tate
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmmmm   Bomb threat probably
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy, MI was mentioned in a news story here as having possibly gotten one of those special letters containing a powder substance (Anthrax), but didn't mention a company name.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Was is it that every terrorist attack always has some sort of Michigan connection?

Hopefully this is nothing.  The last thing I need is more chaos in my life right now.

Here's the latest scoop.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/det/news/stories/news-100935820011009-141016.html

Troy Hazmat Victim Count At 12
White Powder At Center Of Investigation
Posted: 3:44 p.m. EDT October 9, 2001
Updated: 8:44 p.m. EDT October 9, 2001

TROY, Mich.-- Authorities were investigating a hazmat situation at an engineering facility in Troy that ended Tuesday afternoon with a dozen people being treated.
Emergency medical personnel and police responded to the call at Porsche Engineering Services on Research Drive.

Investigator Says Precautions Being Taken  

A woman opened a package of posters from Germany and an unidentified white powder seeped out, Local 4 reported. She became suspicious and notified management, who subsequently called authorities.

Employees were evacuated while a hazmat crew investigated.

At least six Porsche Engineering workers were taken to Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, according to rescue officials. They were among 12 people from the incident treated at the hospital Tuesday night, Local First News reported.

All were in good condition and were expected to be released Tuesday night.

The workers and rescue crew members were being tested and evaluated, and Beaumont officials were expected to send the results to the Michigan Department of Community Health in Lansing. The findings should be known by Wednesday.

Stay tuned to Local First News for a complete report on this developing story and to ClickOnDetroit.com for updates as events warrant.

Copyright 2001 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#6]
We've got people in Jakarta, Indonesia that we're worried about.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#7]

jakarts might be the scariest place of all to be right now. i hope you can get them out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top