Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 9:54:47 AM EDT
[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/aponline/20011009/aponline131952_000.htm[/URL]
Check it out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
<<"That product made people on the train sick, with dry throats and nausea," he said>>

Hangovers?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Strange days indeed, strange days indeed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:34:59 AM EDT
[#3]
HELLO PEOPLE, WE ARE --REPEAT-- WE ARE UNDER BIOLOGICAL WARFARE ATTACK RIGHT NOW, AS YOU'RE READING THIS WE ARE UNDER ATTACK.  Anybody that doesn't believe this either can't read (i.e. the Drudge Report), or is spreading mis-information.  Think about it logically.  If the Government told you what is really going on, people would panic.  Lots of people get killed/hurt in panic situations (panic crushes, etc.).  So they are/will spread mis-information to quell the panic (i.e. spread stories like those people with Anthrax infections down in Florida were infected by a co-worker - what pure B.S.); which is probably a good idea because that'll reduce the overall casualties.  They can't do anything about the bio-warfare attack, so the only think to do is to try and reduce collateral causalties from panic.  Save yourselves and leave the Big Cities immmediately.  If you live in, or within 20 miles of a city with a population of over one million people, you should leave IMMEDIATELY.  "They" aren't going to tell you there's a problem until it becomes so blaintly obvious that mis-information is no longer effective.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
...Anybody that doesn't believe this either can't read (i.e. the Drudge Report), or is spreading mis-information.  Think about it logically.  If the Government told you what is really going on, people would panic....
View Quote

As opposed to the type of panic the Sludge Report causes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, and that mental guy rushing the cockpit was part of the OBL plan.

There are sick bastards in this world. Some would intentionally cause harm, others would intentionally cause panic to draw attention to themselves.

I can read, and I'm not spreading misinformation. I'm trying to remain rational and not fall into the trap the terrorists want. I will not be afraid to go outside. I will act as I normally do.

Feel free to dig a hole and jump into it if it makes you feel safer.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't go outside- that big, bright orange thing in the sky causes my skin to explode into flames...

Oh, sorry, wrong species [:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#8]
What was the name of that company in Florida? American Publishing Company? hmmm American Airlines oh well I'll just beileve the FBI, natural causes. Everythings fine.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#9]
You guys all sound like the many things said on the Titanic after it was hit by the iceberg, but before the SHTF.  Go watch that movie again and note the way that everybody is walking around, except for a few, as if nothing was wrong.  People only really woke up when their faces hit the cold water.  I guess it's gonna be the same for ya'll.  Cold, icy salt water at 3am does tend to re-orient oneself to reality.  However there was one very interesting story on the Titanic.  One very, very drunk elderly gentlemen was standing at the stern of the boat, and when the stern slipped beneath the water he merely stepped out and into a passing life boat.  So drunk that he never new anything had happened - DK-prof - history repeats itself.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:05:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
You guys all sound like the many things said on the Titanic after it was hit by the iceberg, but before the SHTF.  Go watch that movie again and note the way that everybody is walking around, except for a few, as if nothing was wrong.  
View Quote

So now you're citing a sappy chick flic as a source of credible evidence??? Gives some perspective to the debate.

BTW, if a meteor comes hurtling towards earth, we can just send bruce willis up in the space shuttle to save us. I saw that in a movie once. It must be that way in real life.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Sitting Bull

Your agrument that they are trying to prevent or minimize colateral casualities isn't sound. To prevent casualities they should announce an attack and restrict movement.  Which leads me to my next point if someone lives a large city and travels out of town as you suggest then they infect a new population, probably not a good idea.  

For future reference if we are attached with chemical weapons and you are infected or believe that you are infected you should just stay in place, sort of take one for the team, instead of infecting others in,an attempt to preserve your own life.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 12:18:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What was the name of that company in Florida? American Publishing Company? hmmm American Airlines oh well I'll just beileve the FBI, natural causes. Everythings fine.
View Quote

American Publishing is owned by Ruppert Murdock, an Australian.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top