Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2001 9:43:04 AM EDT
I an ad for "Colt style AR-15 .223 CAL" rifles. Wholesale price was $495. See the ad: [url]http://www.southernohiogun.com/products.html[/url] Anyone ever heard of "CIA" receivers? Better yet, anyone ever seen/inspected/fired one of these? Can someone help a brother out? [@:D]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:48:37 AM EDT
Century International Arms (CIA) They're made from demilled Israli M-16's so technicaly the parts are colt. Havn't fired one or seen one in person yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:55:01 AM EDT
The web site lists them as "New Condition". Did I miss something or can "demilled" and new" not co-exist? LOL
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:56:21 AM EDT
I haven't heard very good reviews on their FAL receivers. (see [url]www.arizonaresoncesystems.com[/url] , click FAL, scroll to bottom for Gunplumber's guide) I have never seen the AR15 receivers or heard word on them so far. 'Luck to ya, C6
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 11:12:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:01:33 PM EDT
About 6 months ago one of the gun forums (can't remember which) had a thread on CIA. Someone had purchased an M-1 Garand with a CIA receiver and had it checked out by a gunsmith. He posted a picture of the report, which came back stamped with big red letters reading: DO NOT FIRE. A local discount sporting goods store here sells CIA stuff, and requires that you sign a waiver saying that the store makes no representation that the gun is safe to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 9:28:00 PM EDT
GOOD LORD. S.O.G. are the biggest liars in the biz. Century Arms receivers are complete junk. These are not demilled colt M16s either. Parts are mostly hesse. The worse one is their IMPORTED PORTUGESE G3s. They say they are made IN PORTUGAL then IMPORTED. NOT POSSIBLE. It would be illegal as they accept a high cap. These are portugese receivers, built on total junk kits at CENTURY ARMS in the US to comply with 922r. SOG leads in false advertising. YOU CANNOT TRUST THEM.
Top Top